The Student Room Group

Has the x factor had its day

I've never been a fan or watched this program. But seriously they keep churning out these endless lame 'popstars' most of them achieve nothing and are just cheesy. They always do a cover song or some cobbled together track and then fall into obscurity/

Steve Brookstein
Joe Mcelderry
Shane warne

or whatever their names are and all the other one are just so useless it's becoming embarrassing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's always been utter bs. They should have stopped it years ago.
Original post by Guy Secretan
I've never been a fan or watched this program. But seriously they keep churning out these endless lame 'popstars' most of them achieve nothing and are just cheesy. They always do a cover song or some cobbled together track and then fall into obscurity/

Steve Brookstein
Joe Mcelderry
Shane warne

or whatever their names are and all the other one are just so useless it's becoming embarrassing.

I love The X Factor but I definitely agree. There is just no chance that any contestant as of now is going to get very far. I'm baffled as to how One Direction have achieved such a high level of success.

I imagine the reason Simon doesn't end the show(s), although he probably knows himself that he should, is because he gets a lot of money from them.

The X Factor has become repetitive and tedious now.

..But I will still always watch it because at times it can be enjoyable!

Edit: I saw a video on youtube of my fav, Beyoncé, during her tour. When she is singing certain songs, she likes to pass the mic to fans for a few seconds to get them involved. She did this to Joe Mcelderry, one of the winners, and she had absolutely no idea who he was so she treated him like just another irrelevant fan. It was quite funny.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes. It's crap. Always has been. It is gonorrhea to the music industry. It isn't about music it's about fame and fortune, getting on the celebrity z list.
And people like Simon Cowell do not care, much like Pete Waterman didn't care in the days of 'Pop Stars', as long as they make money. It's all ****.
Kill it, kill it with fire.
Reply 4

Steve Brookstein
Joe Mcelderry
Shane warne

I watched the Alexandra Burke and Joe McElderry series religiously, then gave up half way through the Matt Cardle series because I'd seen it all before (and it dawned on me that it's terrible). I don't get who still watches it I really don't.

Back in those days they were actually churning out a decent amount of 'artists' that went on to have half decent careers as well. Olly Murs, Alexandra Burke, JLS, One Direction, Little Mix... even to a lesser extent Matt Cardle and Rebecca Ferguson. Last few years there's been Ella Henderson and that's about it.

It's never going to be ditched though because it still pulls in huge viewing figures regardless and there's always the slim chance that they'll find the next One Direction.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't understand the snobbery around the X-Factor. It's always been a fun, family weekend TV-show. I find it enjoyable and I tune in year after year.

Nobody is forcing you to watch it. You can literally ignore it and it won't affect you. This whole culture of being snobby about the music choices of other people has gone too far. In the same way that this forum condemns rap as wholly garbage. Get a little spice in your life and listen to something other than metalica (lol) for Heaven's sake.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah it's ****ing **** and that smug ****er of a cowell is too.

Awful show i only tune in for the final as yesterday the winner was crap
Reply 7
No, it's still very popular, so I expect it will be around for some time.

As for me, I don't like it so I don't watch it.
Original post by beyknowles
I love The X Factor but I definitely agree. There is just no chance that any contestant as of now is going to get very far. I'm baffled as to how One Direction have achieved such a high level of success.

I imagine the reason Simon doesn't end the show(s), although he probably knows himself that he should, is because he gets a lot of money from them.

The X Factor has become repetitive and tedious now.

..But I will still always watch it because at times it can be enjoyable!

Edit: I saw a video on youtube of my fav, Beyoncé, during her tour. When she is singing certain songs, she likes to pass the mic to fans for a few seconds to get them involved. She did this to Joe Mcelderry, one of the winners, and she had absolutely no idea who he was so she treated him like just another irrelevant fan. It was quite funny.

yeah there is also one where she passes it to this girl who can't sing that is well funny
Original post by Cormac Easton
I don't understand the snobbery around the X-Factor. It's always been a fun, family weekend TV-show. I find it enjoyable and I tune in year after year.

Nobody is forcing you to watch it. You can literally ignore it and it won't affect you. This whole culture of being snobby about the music choices of other people has gone too far. In the same way that this forum condemns rap as wholly garbage. Get a little spice in your life and listen to something other than metalica (lol) for Heaven's sake.

I already said I don't watch it also I like pop music so am not snobby about it. All I said was I am bemused as to why it's still on most of the artists don't even become successful. Also it's not what most people call music.
Original post by bittr n swt
Yeah it's ****ing **** and that smug ****er of a cowell is too.

Awful show i only tune in for the final as yesterday the winner was crap

Andrea should've won. He was the best singer. I'm surprised Fleur didn't win with all the hype. She even believed that she was a mini-beyonce and a superstar - glad she didn't win. Ben or whatever his name is, the winner, is not particularly good or bad. He's got no personality and I would never by his Music much less listen to any of his music.

However the show was enjoyable to watch.

So please don't talk **** when you have no clue.
Reply 11
yes it certainly has.
I already said I don't watch it also I like pop music so am not snobby about it. All I said was I am bemused as to why it's still on most of the artists don't even become successful. Also it's not what most people call music.

People think the X-factor is not about the Music because the best singer doesn't win. Well guess what? That's the same in real life. The winner should have the whole package i.e. a stage presence, a following and likeability as well as being able to sing. Beyonce for example is not the best singer nor is mariah carey but they're legends because they have the whole package. Plenty of better singers than both don't make it. Just go on youtube.
Reply 13
The only reason Simon is enthusiastic about continuing this **** show is because he wants dat money -_-
Andrea should've won. He was the best singer. I'm surprised Fleur didn't win with all the hype. She even believed that she was a mini-beyonce and a superstar - glad she didn't win. Ben or whatever his name is, the winner, is not particularly good or bad. He's got no personality and I would never by his Music much less listen to any of his music.

However the show was enjoyable to watch.

So please don't talk **** when you have no clue.

Hahahaha please X factor is a cheap and rubbish show. Produces awful artists and it's only surviving due to money.

Strictly and the voice is 10X better.
Hahahaha please X factor is a cheap and rubbish show. Produces awful artists and it's only surviving due to money.

Strictly? Lol srs?

HAHAA

yeah that's all I needed to know that you're indeed clueless.
Strictly? Lol srs?

HAHAA

yeah that's all I needed to know that you're indeed clueless.

Is that why it continues to draw in more viewers per night?

X factor has no substance, it's a stupid show with silly judges. You're the clueless one for loving it i really do feel for you because it's embarassing
Is that why it continues to draw in more viewers per night?

X factor has no substance, it's a stupid show with silly judges. You're the clueless one for loving it i really do feel for you because it's embarassing

Look I don't take the show seriously as I said before. It's just something fun and silly to watch on a sat/sun afternoon with my family. They have people like Ed sheeran so what's not to like? Subtitles and sing a longs are as well cool :smile:

I think you need to lighten up and remove the stick from your posterior.

i think Ben Haenow was the best out of all of them xoxo:smile::smile:
Look I don't take the show seriously as I said before. It's just something fun and silly to watch on a sat/sun afternoon with my family. They have people like Ed sheeran so what's not to like? Subtitles and sing a longs are as well cool :smile:

I think you need to lighten up and remove the stick from your posterior.

Don't deny it you love X factor lol
Ed sheeran is ****.
Hahahaha sing a long how cringe...

My posterior is fine thank you, you can have a look if you're so interested miss sunshine and rainbows

Quick Reply