kmachin91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I've been offered places to start mental health nursing next September (2015), when do I apply for bursaries, loans etc? I have 2 children that will need childcare so want to get it sorted asap!
penguin268693
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kmachin91)
Hi, I've been offered places to start mental health nursing next September (2015), when do I apply for bursaries, loans etc? I have 2 children that will need childcare so want to get it sorted asap!
Congratulations on the offer. Where is it at?
For the Bursary you can work out how much you get with the Calculater at NHSBSA... I don't think you can apply for it though till Like August x
kmachin91
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It's at Lincoln thanks I'm just being a worrier!
emorgan13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just a question, I am in the process of waiting to get replies back from unis, so have been looking at student finance. I have applied to study adult nursing. Finance wise does this mean that I only apply for an NHS bursary or do I apply for student finance also? I am having a bit of a panic because I am a single parent to a 4 year old so just want to know what I need to look in to. Thank you
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emorgan13)
Just a question, I am in the process of waiting to get replies back from unis, so have been looking at student finance. I have applied to study adult nursing. Finance wise does this mean that I only apply for an NHS bursary or do I apply for student finance also? I am having a bit of a panic because I am a single parent to a 4 year old so just want to know what I need to look in to. Thank you
You apply for both. Student finance will give you a minimum reduced rate maintainance loan and the NHS will give you a bursary. Student finance normally opens Jan/February to start that year, the NHS bursary a fair bit later.

This explains NHS childcare help
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/i/Students/...29_04.2014.pdf
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apply to nhs from the beginning of march and student finance is normally april
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Apply to nhs from the beginning of march and student finance is normally april
Student finance is usually the same time as NHS.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The NHS bursaries website says to apply from march 2nd 2015.

This might help
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/4002.aspx
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can apply for both, you only get a loan from student finance and a bursary which is means tested from the nhs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads