Masters of finance: Edinburgh Vs. Manchester Vs. Bath Vs. Nottingham Vs Cass Watch

raymond1443
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello Student Room,
Long time reader first time poster. Hope all of you are well across the pond. I'm an American, who is considering attending a masters of finance program in the UK, and was hoping to get feed back. I had a 3.25 gpa, with a 3. 5 major GPA, I have some solid work experience in consulting, as well as a recent internship in Investment Banking. I'm looking at programs in the UK because they have a solid reputation, and it's cheaper to attend a red brick in the UK vs attending a decent program here in the states. My goal after the program is continue working internationally in the field of investment banking. I have also been considering making a push to get into physical commodity trading, which is why I have included the masters of energy trade and finance at Cass on my list.

While not yet accepted into any program, I have been in contact with a few schools that have said I would be a strong candidate. I wanted to find out what you guys thought about these programs, what their placement is like domestically and internationally, and which one is going to give me to give me a better advantage/ which ones should I be focused on applying to?

I'm Currently looking at:
University of Edinburgh: Masters of finance
University of Manchester: Masters of finance
University of Bath: Masters of Finance or its Masters of management program
University of Nottingham: Masters of finance
or
Cass Business School : Masters of Energy Trade and finance

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (224)
67.47%
No (108)
32.53%

Watched Threads