The Student Room Group

cheapest way to get to Stansted from Central London?

My plane is leaving at 7 in the morning and I still don't know how to get there from Notting Hill... Are there any buses or trains that run 24 hours? cuz otherwise, im gonna have to sleep in the airport for the night

(No taxis plz, too expensive)
Hitchhike?
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
Hitchhike?

funny, but I doubt i can hitchhike at 4am
Original post by the_chemist
funny, but I doubt i can hitchhike at 4am

Go the day before then.
Reply 4
London Heathrow/Gatwick do have trains specifically for airports routes. I'm not sure if they have a train specifically for Stansted.

Just type it into Google?
Reply 5
Fly. You have arms, use them.
Original post by Nidokid
Fly. You have arms, use them.

FYI, you have lungs, use them. How does that help in this situation?
Reply 7
Thanks for the really helpful advice guys... srsly :/
Reply 8
have a **** and miss your flight

National express busses depart from victoria prices are around 10 - 20 quid

https://book.terravision.eu/m/

Buses range from £6-£10 and run at all hours :smile: think it's cheapest from Stratford but not sure.
Walk.
I was there last Thursday. :ahee:

If I were you I'd stay overnight. There's A LOT of people who stay during the night. My dad dropped me and my siblings off in the early hours of Thursday (got there around 3/4am, flight was at 6am) and I was really surprised to see a lot of people just hanging around/sleeping. I don't think I've ever seen so people actually stay in an airport like that. It looked fun! :biggrin:

Another option would be to post on Reddit on r/unitedkingdom, r/london and r/gbr4r or some other UK forums and find out if anyone else will be going there around the time you're going and if they can take you/drop you off.
Original post by Vixen47
I was there last Thursday. :ahee:

If I were you I'd stay overnight. There's A LOT of people who stay during the night. My dad dropped me and my siblings off in the early hours of Thursday (got there around 3/4am, flight was at 6am) and I was really surprised to see a lot of people just hanging around/sleeping. I don't think I've ever seen so people actually stay in an airport like that. It looked fun! :biggrin:

Another option would be to post on Reddit on r/unitedkingdom, r/london and r/gbr4r or some other UK forums and find out if anyone else will be going there around the time you're going and if they can take you/drop you off.

One friend told me the airport might close at night. I guess that's not true then?
One friend told me the airport might close at night. I guess that's not true then?

Last week was the first time I used Stanstead and it was open at night so I guess it's not true. I usually go Heathrow/Gatwick and Stanstead seemed to work the same as those. My flight was at 6.15am last week and I got there at about 3 or 4am. There were A LOT of people there. All the shops and everything were open in the middle of the night, just as they usually are.

Quick Reply

Latest