The Student Room Group

Liverpool University Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if manual dexterity is tested or if you need to bring anything with you to show it?
Reply 81
Original post by Lau123ren
Does anyone know if manual dexterity is tested or if you need to bring anything with you to show it?

You don't need to bring anything to show it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Just got a Liverpool interview invite! So happy!!
Original post by sra5
Just got a Liverpool interview invite! So happy!!

Could I know your stats if you dont mind me asking please?
Reply 84
Original post by nedatabarra
Could I know your stats if you dont mind me asking please?

Yeah - I'm on a gap year at the moment A*AA at A Level, 6A*s and 6As at GCSE and 718.5 in my UKCAT! I'm also working part time as a dental nurse in an NHS practice and have work experience in NHS practice, 2 private practices and a dental lab
Original post by sra5
Yeah - I'm on a gap year at the moment A*AA at A Level, 6A*s and 6As at GCSE and 718.5 in my UKCAT! I'm also working part time as a dental nurse in an NHS practice and have work experience in NHS practice, 2 private practices and a dental lab

Very good. You managed to get a job as a dental nurse during your Gap year. I was thinking I might do the same thing If I dont get any offer this year. Could you please tell me if I can apply for a paid job as a dental nurse without qualification in this field?
Reply 86
Very good. You managed to get a job as a dental nurse during your Gap year. I was thinking I might do the same thing If I dont get any offer this year. Could you please tell me if I can apply for a paid job as a dental nurse without qualification in this field?

Yes you can apply without a qualification and still get paid. You can do it as an apprentice too if you want to get the qualification!
Original post by sra5
Yes you can apply without a qualification and still get paid. You can do it as an apprentice too if you want to get the qualification!

Thanks for your reply. I also sent you a private message and I will appreciate your reply.
Reply 88
Anyone going from NI next Thursday?
Original post by jessnm
Anyone going from NI next Thursday?

Yeah I am!
anyone got an interview on feb 19th...i cant wait..
Reply 91
Got an interview today for the 26th February. So pleased. Hope everyone else is doing well!
Original post by Hollyrid
Got an interview today for the 26th February. So pleased. Hope everyone else is doing well!

I have an interview then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

You don't need to be qualified to train as a dental nurse, however you must be on a training course in order to work in a dental practice. This means that you must be enrolled with a training provider for a course. You can do this through being an apprentice, although this ties you in for 2 years so might not be suitable for your gap year. You can also do this through a classroom course or an online course, which is possible to do in a year if you can find the right practice. The National Diploma is the most flexible option for this and there are a number of practices out there. It's the same with everything - some will help you and others will not because they want a longer commitment. My advice is to get out there and speak to as many practices as possible. You will also need to have your Hep B jabs before you can work clinically - so it would be worth arranging these so that you can start straight away when you find something. If you have any questions then I am happy to help :smile: Good luck!
Anyone know the ratio of Interview:Offer?? I can't find it anywhere.
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
Anyone know the ratio of Interview:Offer?? I can't find it anywhere.

in 2012 i think it was 300 interviews for 150 offers if i remember correctly from the open day, so similar to that i would guess
Reply 96
Does anyone know any past stations/questions that have come up in previous years? Have no idea what to prepare or expect :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattlogan
in 2012 i think it was 300 interviews for 150 offers if i remember correctly from the open day, so similar to that i would guess

Thank you, I just hope there is enough space to squeeze me in. :colondollar:

Good luck everyone!
Hi This is probably a stupid question , I realise they give out more offers than actual places because some will not accept them. But what happens say if they give out 150 offers and 120 accept them, surely all the people carnt go.
Original post by EmzzyC
I have an interview at Newcastle and now Liverpool. Had a rejection from Manchester and still waiting on shefield.
Also offer from Birmingham for pharmacy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi can I ask how you got an offer for Pharmacy, as we were told not to bother applying as it states we want to study dentistry all over our statements.

Quick Reply

Latest