I don't prefer anyone based on looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    in between aint a choice?
    then thin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    It's silly. How can you determine who you will connect with according to what size waist they are? I obviously have physical preferences but those preferences are in no way my Bible ( plenty of girls I know set numerous conditions on the types they would and would not approach on a night out), To think you could be ruling out a potential soulmate based on those ideal requirements is crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    It's silly. How can you determine who you will connect with according to what size waist they are? I obviously have physical preferences but those preferences are in no way my Bible ( plenty of girls I know set numerous conditions on the types they would and would not approach on a night out), To think you could be ruling out a potential soulmate based on those ideal requirements is crazy.
    Exactly.
    But most people are vain about looks, which is a shame.
    If people learned whats important in life, then maybe they'd understand why looks don't matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    I wasn't ruling out any potential soulmates by saying thin. But if you could choose, what would you choose? Ok, it's not a deep and meaningful debate - just out of interest really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I wasn't ruling out any potential soulmates by saying thin. But if you could choose, what would you choose? Ok, it's not a deep and meaningful debate - just out of interest really.
    Thats the point.
    If i could choose i would choose for someone to be who they are, not fit any description i oculd make.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe you. If you had to choose between blue and green you'd probably be able to state a preference. So looking at two pictures of different people you have the same ability to state a preference for which image you find more attractive. I don't think this thread was started to decide upon potential best friends/soulmates/lovers.... Yes, it's superficial.

ReputationRep:
    Fat, er... big built but not like obese. I have a tiny frame, so I think it looks proportioned to have a bigish partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I don't believe you. If you had to choose between blue and green you'd probably be able to state a preference. So looking at two pictures of different people you have the same ability to state a preference for which image you find more attractive. I don't think this thread was started to decide upon potential best friends/soulmates/lovers.... Yes, it's superficial.
    Well actually, it depends on what type of blue or green they are.
    But blue and green aren't people (at least that i've met), and people have so much more to them that appearence, that actually matters.
    I would not state a preference in the looks of two people, because i don't believe it is right, and i wouldn't actually be prefering a person anyway.
    Because it is superficial for superficials sake, i felt the need to take a line against superficialness in this form.

ReputationRep:
    Well actually, it depends on what type of blue or green they are.
    But blue and green aren't people (at least that i've met), and people have so much more to them that appearence, that actually matters.
    I would not state a preference in the looks of two people, because i don't believe it is right, and i wouldn't actually be prefering a person anyway.
    Because it is superficial for superficials sake, i felt the need to take a line against superficialness in this form.
    Fair enough. But if someone held a gun to your head and said state a preference, what would you say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Fair enough. But if someone held a gun to your head and said state a preference, what would you say?
    I'd probably knock the gun out of there hand or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably knock the gun out of there hand or something like that.
    Argh! You're so difficult to get an answer out of!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Argh! You're so difficult to get an answer out of!!!
    No, i'm not. That is what i'd do in that situation, and therefore is a totally valid answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    then thin
    ok, then both i like to keep options open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    But on what basis should I choose? I might say green eyes, and then meet someone with green eyes who turns out to be the nastiest piece of work I've met then his green eyes would mean nothing to me. I used to be ultra-shallow, and found that I lost some really worthwhile from my life. Now I'd rather try and keep all my options open, who knows I may even fall in love with someone with a facial disfigurement, confined to a wheelchair!*shock horror*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.