emmathomson3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

I recently applied for English and English/Politics at Strathclyde starting September 2015. I received an unconditional for both courses and am extremely happy as it is one of my top choices. However, I also received an conditional offer to study Comparative Literature/English Literature at Glasgow University and only require one A at higher to secure my place.

I am aware that Glasgow is higher in the league tables than Strathclyde and is rated more highly for English degrees but I was far more impressed by the talk for English Lit at Strathclyde's open day than I was at Glasgow's. I know feel unsure about which university is truly for me.

I would be thankful if any past/present/future English students at either Glasgow or Strathclyde University could weigh in on this discussion. It would be greatly appreciated 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emmaduffyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I was just googling The opinions for Glasgow or Strathclyde university and came across your message in the student room. Can I just ask what university you decided to go to? I got unconditionals to study English and English literature in both Strathclyde and Glasgow and I really don't know what university to go to. I feel like the course sounds more interesting in Strathclyde but a bit outdated in Glasgow but I also don't want to turn down Glasgow just because I have the option of it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.52%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads