Is the ICAEW CFAB worth it? Watch

Econ1906
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I`m currently studying Economics and am in my first year. I heard about the ICAEW USS scheme, which allows you to complete six modules in accounting and finance and gain certification for them as well as an additional for Excel, to show employers you are qualified with it. I do not plan on taking the ACA however am planning on possibly taking the AAT in the future, and am aiming to go into finance, mainly the route of a Financial Analyst, so am definitely hoping to take the CFA in the future. I am currently doing work experience within my uni which contains financial analysis and includes leadership and working in a team, and also intend to undertake an internship in the summer.

To summarise, I am not planning into going into accounting, but am planning to enter Finance, so do you think it would be beneficial to undertake the scheme? Its £20 for uni students and lasts as long as my course.

Heres info on the course for those who require it:
http://www.icaew.com/qualifications-...versity-scheme
ohdrama
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In case you didn't know, if you plan on taking the exams you actually need to pay extra for that. The £20 only include access to the online resources (unless it's changed since the summer which I doubt).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (17)
14.66%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (8)
6.9%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (23)
19.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (19)
16.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (14)
12.07%
How can I be the best version of myself? (35)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed