Are summative assignments anonymous?

Watch
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So you only have to put your registration number on the assignment you hand in, not your name. So the markers don't know whose work they are marking or does your name show up when you send the document electronically (on Blackboard)?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
So you only have to put your registration number on the assignment you hand in, not your name. So the markers don't know whose work they are marking or does your name show up when you send the document electronically (on Blackboard)?
If you don't put your name on the work then yes it will be anonymously marked.
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whereas we had a cover sheet which we had to put name and anon number. Even the comments referred to us by name so quite clearly my uni didn't believe in anonymity
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
Whereas we had a cover sheet which we had to put name and anon number. Even the comments referred to us by name so quite clearly my uni didn't believe in anonymity
OMG.

I'm happy about the anonymous thing to be honest, only because I'm always so embarassed about essays and stuff. Like what if I say something stupid? This way I'm just another anonymous person saying stupid stuff so it doesn't matter
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
OMG.

I'm happy about the anonymous thing to be honest, only because I'm always so embarassed about essays and stuff. Like what if I say something stupid? This way I'm just another anonymous person saying stupid stuff so it doesn't matter
You'll be fine. Your comment may pale in comparison to some others so don't stress :cool: your anonymity will be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (125)
28.34%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.15%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (130)
29.48%

Watched Threads