Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wait until ur sure her bf has gone. Then go comfort. If she doesn't appreciate it now then maybe 2moro she'll be grateful for the effort. What's the worst that can happen (sensibly?!)

ReputationRep:
    Take her a cup of tea!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and i can turn down chocolate! I'm not a big fan of sweets and chocolate lol and when i'm upset i can't eat! :p:
    I suggest popping over to let her know you're willing to talk to her if she wants to, whenever she wants to whether it be now or later, but when she's alone and her boyfriend has gone. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Take her a cup of tea!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    There's always one...

ReputationRep:
    When her boyfriends gone, go over with a cup of tea and some chocolate and give a mahoosive hug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so my corridor mate at uni has just has a huge argument with her boyfriend (who was coming to visit for the weekend but hes just stormed out after a big argument...) She seems really upset and i could hear her shouting and crying etc. Im the only one here at the mo coz everyone else has gone and wont be back til tomorrow or tuesday so i'm not sure what to do. Shall I leave her alone or go and comfort her or what? I get on well with her but im not that good mates with her at the moment. What would you do?
    Anon in case she sees this!

If shes crying loudly she blatently wants someone to go speak to her.
    do it.

ReputationRep:
    One of my flatmates last year would always have arguments with her boyfriend and cry sometimes afterwards.
    Was awkwards as hell, but made for some good wake-up calls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Triplet1)
    :ditto:
    It's the solution to all of life's problems.

ReputationRep:
    Tea is the piss-water of satan!

update in case anyones interested - I heard her banging about angrily after her bf stormed out so i sort of wandered out into the corridor and made it clear there was someone outside by making noise in the kitchen etc. I was going to knock on her door as it was ajar but she slammed it shut as she heard me approach and locked it loudly. So i kind of got the point lol. I'm not sure how she is now but i'll see her tomorrow. Thanks for the advice people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icantthinkofacoolusername)
    Seriously, she's a girl - she's not going to turn down chocolate.
    I'm a girl and I would turn down chocolate. I hate the stuff!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.