Change In Your Area Watch

Uncle_fish
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I was thinking earlier about how the area where I live has changed in apperance in the 11 years I have lived there.

Has your town / village seen much architectural change since you have lived there and has it had a possitive or negative effect on the area?

Also have the people in your area changed for better or worse?
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well MK's had some serious changin in the last decade or so...

as for where i live...erm... Stevenage underwent a big re-gen when i was growing up but apart from that not a lot happens in Hitchin
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, everything is like the same, just houses, houses, houses, houses.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
we got a new shopping centre and an asda, and our main roads closed for no apparent reason, but other than that not alot
Uncle_fish
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Yeah we've had loads happen around MK over the last few years I think we got the first indoor ski slope in the UK new shopping centre opened about 6 years ago got Asda last year and MK dons new stadium is opening next season 22,000 all seater waste of money if you ask me like a league 2 team is ever going to attract that many fans. Big building work is due to start next year like moving shops around and getting rid of the food centre (Not sure how true that one is) and the hotel is ment to be opening in a few months.
Asriel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My town has changed quite a bit i suppose ...my uncle visited a few weeks ago and was shocked by how much it had changed since he left.

The high street has been pedestrianised, a slightly bigger Asda was built on the site of the old one, the main secondary school was demolished with a new one built on the old school playing fields. A massive tesco has been built across the road from the Asda, now dominating the skyline of the town . The local theatre burnt down, the local cinema closed and has been threatening to reopen for the past couple of years... Many more houses have been built too
kam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Around where I live, no, nothing has changed much since I was younger.
Just some shops have closed and new ones have opened.
Spiffy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, the whole of birmingham city centre for a start lol
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My local area has changed a lot, there is more appartments now, more bars, much more delis, more trendy twits with bikes and a lot less crime.

The city centre has also been rebuilt and the changes there is too much to list.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (102)
19.73%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (211)
40.81%
Nope, not that interesting (204)
39.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed