The Student Room Group

Nursing Interviews for sept 2015 intake

Hi, I've just received an invitation for Bedfordshire midwifery interview, was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on it?
Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I had an adult nursing interview last week and everyone was really nice, we had a group discussion and an individual interview. It was all fairly laid back and everyone was very friendly. I'm not sure how different things are for midwifery. Good luck!
Reply 2
Thankyou, did you have to do the numeracy and literacy test? was it quite busy?
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_jade
Hi, I've just received an invitation for Bedfordshire midwifery interview, was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on it?
Thank you :smile:

ive also received an interview for the 8th of jan, when is yours?
Reply 4
mine is on the 8th of January also ahh scared!
Reply 5
have you been preparing for it? im not even sure how to prepare for it, they havent got anything about the numeracy and literacy exam so im really scared about whats going to come up
I've been invited to a selection day for adult nursing and plymouth university next friday, they said I need to bring a second reference, what does this actually mean? HELP? PLEASE!
If you've applied from college your tutor will have provided a reference. A second reference can be from an employer (if you have a part time job) or someone (not family or friends usually) that can provide a further reference.

:smile:
Reply 8
Good luck! how long did you have to wait?
Thanks guys! And I applied about 3/4 weeks ago because I wanted to get it out of the way, and got my interview yesterday!
Reply 10
I have an interview coming up for DMU, does anybody know what will happen at this interview day?
They give you a scenario and you talk about it and just ask u question about ur ps and why u want to do nursing , you know anything about the nursing news, how u would cope with the course being half practical and also asked me if u missed any lessons for any reasons how would u catch up
hope this kind of helps
Reply 12
Original post by JessicaLucy09
They give you a scenario and you talk about it and just ask u question about ur ps and why u want to do nursing , you know anything about the nursing news, how u would cope with the course being half practical and also asked me if u missed any lessons for any reasons how would u catch up
hope this kind of helps

Thank you!
Reply 13
Original post by JessicaLucy09
hope this kind of helps

Also do you know what the tests are like? Thanks:smile:
Original post by _princessemily
Thanks guys! And I applied about 3/4 weeks ago because I wanted to get it out of the way, and got my interview yesterday!

Hello!! :smile:

Well done for getting an interview! Just wondering how it went? and what the day entails? Also how were the communication assessments?

Thanks so much :smile:

I hope you get an offer!
It's a one to one interview that lasts for 10 minutes! It's really quite a nice process. After the interview you can have a drink and chat to current students and tutors, before a course presentation.
My interview went really well thank you and I recieved an offer last week!
Good luck!
Hey, how long does this last? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hey
I only sent my ucas form off on friday, but im already anxious wondering how long universities take to start sending out interview invites?

If you have interviews, how long did they take to contact you from submitting your form?

I have applied to Edge hill, LJMU and Liverpool:smile:
Reply 18
Has anyone had an interview at bradford uni? I've got one in 2 weeks need to prepare help 😖😖 bricking it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
My application was submitted thursday just past. I received two interviews today for Mental Health Nursing :biggrin:

Original post by Easty82
Hey
I only sent my ucas form off on friday, but im already anxious wondering how long universities take to start sending out interview invites?

If you have interviews, how long did they take to contact you from submitting your form?

I have applied to Edge hill, LJMU and Liverpool:smile:

Quick Reply