Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robot_overlord)
    No, I am saying that on the Internet people lie. You are all people and ergo you could be lying but I think you are all far too nice for that. :rolleyes:

As a charming coincidence, I did get AAAA but thats a discussion for another topic.
    very charming lol I still don't think getting As in exams is the direct indication of intelligence. But if you think so then you are obvioiusly implying you are intelligent yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    very charming lol I still don't think getting As in exams is the direct indication of intelligence. But if you think so then you are obvioiusly implying you are intelligent yourself
    Actually I got BDDD, that was simply a reference to my 'everyone lies on the internet' and 'everyone has an adorable sense of humour and razor sharp wit' comment.

blarrggh i'm under the average for tsr! (((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robot_overlord)
    blarrggh i'm under the average for tsr! (((
    I'd just end it now if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ89)
    I'd just end it now if I were you.
    another important thing to learn about the internet: 'kill yourself' is an old meme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Evidently you are now a geek...
    yeeeeah, that was a joke
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    and for a scientist, common sense is the least thing you want. Because there wouldn't be any discoveries if we just ignored everything because our common sense tells us this shouldn't happen ^^

but yeah..universities are not looking for hardcore geeks who doesn't communicate with the rest.
    I contest that - if Scientists diddnt follow common sense- ie basic safety procedure - then many of out great minds would now be dead... Innovation is needed - but so it precaution...

What would have happened if Alfie Nobel wasnt so careful with Nitroglycerine??? many would have as much to aspire to.

Clearly common sense is needed if not to prevent others suffering the effects of your disasterous *****wittery.

wangers

ReputationRep:
    No don't worry, I did **** on my A-levels comapred to most people here. (CCC)

ReputationRep:
    Extremely intelligent? Nah.
    I think it's more like 'take pride in their work' or 'value their future' or something like that.

I guess I'd be labelled a "geek" by Internet People due to my results, though I actually do have a life (woah a life AND not failing - lairy stuff eh? ), haha. Believe it or not, good grades don't have to take a trillion hours of work every day, as anyone who is sensible would know.

The fact of the matter is: working hard at a subject you're interested in = good grades = good university / better chance of success in life = satisfaction, & all that. People here are just aware of that, from what I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    I contest that - if Scientists diddnt follow common sense- ie basic safety procedure - then many of out great minds would now be dead... Innovation is needed - but so it precaution...

What would have happened if Alfie Nobel wasnt so careful with Nitroglycerine??? many would have as much to aspire to.

Clearly common sense is needed if not to prevent others suffering the effects of your disasterous *****wittery.

wangers

Of course some degree of common sense is essential in order for them to be able to breathe / walk etc effectively. I think it's more the experimentation which a scientist might delve into if not rigidly following Common Sense Rules..?

ReputationRep:
    "I have done 6 A levels - all AAAAAA"

My personal opinion is some lie.

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of people on here are über-intelligent. In every comprehensive you get clever people but the majority will only get good grades in their best subjects. There is a bracket above who seem to get straight A's in every subject without 'seemingly' working that much harder.

Most people on TSR fit into that bracket, and have an inferiority complex thinking an A grade is bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I fail to see the logical connection. (Notwithstanding the grammatic fecklessness of the thread-title.)
    Unnecessary hyphen.

ReputationRep:
    Let no hiphen be excluded and felt unnecessary.

Save the hiphens!

ReputationRep:
    Every-single-one?

The hiphen is a matter of precision...you can't just throw them around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Physical Geographer)
    Unnecessary hyphen.
    With all due respect, I can compound whatever I like; including (but by no means limited to) my own conceit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    With all due respect, I can compound whatever I like; including (but by no means limited to) my own conceit.
    Rather odd use of a semi-colon there. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayumi)
    I know how you feel, sometimes it makes me glum hearing people with 12 A*s say that they think they've been rejected from uni x etc, It makes me feel even more hopeless.

I guess TSR is my catalyst for working harder..Everytime I come here it motivates me

Your results are quite good so don't worry. TSR isnt representative of the whole population nor average student. Im sure you will get offers from UCL and Bristol
    It definitely motivates me! My college is absolute crap wit no work ethic at all, and tis is reflected 100% in the grades. I comes on here to give me a kick up the bum really! Plus everyone's usually friendly and willing to help with any questions etc which I think is nice!

BTW op- your grades are really good!

ReputationRep:
    jesus 3 offers already?!?! nice going. My school still hasnt finished my reference GAH!

ReputationRep:
    How the heck did you get 3 offers already? Dont they interview for Law?

ReputationRep:
    See my thread in law, it's a course I did at Mancester uni during my AS year.

On way out, sorry! x

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.