Turn on thread page Beta

How old were you when you started your periods? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was 9 And 3days

was so scared when it happened as my mom didnt explain to me about them

ReputationRep:
    I was 13 and 1 month (about). Night before going on holiday. Woo!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, what age were you?

I was 12, a month off 13. I feel this is very young lol
    Exactly the same for me, one month before my 13th birthday. I was quite suprised, because I was always fairly runty, skinny and had no boobs.
    (Luckily things have changed now )

ReputationRep:
    I was 11...but it's taken another 7 years for my boobs to grow to a size i like!

ReputationRep:

Late bloomer I know lol.

To be fair I got mine just 2 days after my birthday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twisty)
    It says that you're a guy!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    WTF here's his profile lol http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=58514

Haha, nice one

ReputationRep:
    11 something. was laughing hysterically at something and thought i peed my pants...lol was in for a shock when i went to the loo

ReputationRep:
    I was 14, it was only a month or two after my birthday, I remember being in year 9 and it being at the end of the year 'cos it was summer.

My sister started not too long after that, she was 12.

Wish that there were non-medical ways of making the wretched things stop, though - I'd love to not have a period for a few months, but the only way to do that would be to get drugs, stop eating or get pregnant (none of which particularly appeal).

ReputationRep:
    A week or two after my 12th birthday.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Nevatary)
    You just had to take it away from me, didn't you. :p:
    18 and a half. LOL I win.
    My mum started at 15 so I always knew I was going to be a late developer too, but my God. I had to have a blood test and an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. One of my best friends started when she was 9. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was 12 and 9 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    18 and a half. LOL I win.
    My mum started at 15 so I always knew I was going to be a late developer too, but my God. I had to have a blood test and an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. One of my best friends started when she was 9. :p:
    Ooh that doesn't sound fun. I guess I'm glad I started early rather than have to be worried and put through tests and stuff.

I read a story in a magazine once about a girl who was around 18 who hadn't started her periods. She was sexually active but still hadn't had started. One day she had tummy cramps and she assumed she'd finally started her period but she was actually giving birth because she must have ovulated for the first time and gotten pregnant before her first actual bleed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by person 34)
    No, that's just weird lol.
    Well her dad's a gynaecologist and says it's perfectly normal...

ReputationRep:
    13 and 2 months-ish... new Year's Eve, no less! :p: I've resigned myself to the fact that, like my mum, I'm always going to be flat-chested unless I have kids...

ReputationRep:
    i was 11, i thought that was alot younger than everyone else, but most people on here seem to have started around the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shewantstobeme)
    11... guide camp... oh the joys of starting while camping in the middle of a field!
    Ditto! What fun that was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzieglover)
    i was 11, i thought that was alot younger than everyone else, but most people on here seem to have started around the same time.
    I think 12 is about average, although it's getting younger all the time. I was nearly 12 (11 and 10 months, I think) and don't remember feeling particularly traumatised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annemarie925)
    Ditto! What fun that was!
    I kept going to the toilet all the time to check! I went so often... but I was the first one to start out of all my mates and none of them had any idea either, so I didn't know how much there would be and stuff!
    And my leader said infront of everyone "Kayleigh, do you have a bladder problem as you keep going to the toilet a lot?", and I was like... dying inside!

Then I got home and cried, but my mum was all 'oooohhh!' and excited haha!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.