The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woah, everyone else seems to have started really early compared to me. I was 13, almost 14.
16 :redface:
I was really late and worried that it would never come. But it did :biggrin:/:frown: the pains!
I was eleven years and three months old :biggrin: Wow, I've already survived seven years of periods...
oooh and i remember the day i started, i tried working out how many years and days left i had of period pain! :biggrin: oh how clever i was :p:
Reply 104
I was twelve-ish I think, my mum and younger sister were both ten so i reckon i got off lightly. Although, i did start mine the day i'd woken to find my guinea pig dead, ten minutes later i realised i'd got my period, what a fun day that was! so much crying!
Reply 105
I was 10 and 1 month, my mum had prepared me as I had started to develop when I was about 8, so I knew it was coming soon, was regular as clockwork til 13 then everything went downhill lol!!!
Even though I started at 13, I was very irregular until I was about 16. Sometimes I used to wait months between periods. When I was 14 I didn't have one for 6 months. I wasn't underweight or anything in fact I used to be a bit overweight.
Reply 107
yorkshirelass
I started in the summer holidays between year 6 and 7, so I was 11. I'm glad I didn't start in Primary school though I was sort of expecting to, because the girls in my class who did had to use the disabled toilet (only one with a sanitary disposal bin thing), which no-one else ever used because nobody in the school used a wheelchair. I think the embarrassment of having to go in there and everyone knowing I had started my period would have been too much to bear.

Oh yes I remember having to use the staff toilets whilst on my period at Junior school, as none of the kids loos had facilities, my (male) headteacher caught me leaving once, and thought I was up to no good, rather embarrassing, for him especially when I explained why I was in there!!!!
Reply 108
14. Late starter.
13 and 10 months. I though my periods would never arrive!

Latest