The Student Room Group

When entering my personal statement it looks strange?

In the word count on Microsoft word it counts 47 lines 3998 characters etc 700 words but when I paste this into the UCAS PS form it looks strange?

like this:

blablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablaba.
blablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablaba.
blablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablaba.

the spacing of paragraphs has been removed
Original post by TouchtheOoo
In the word count on Microsoft word it counts 47 lines 3998 characters etc 700 words but when I paste this into the UCAS PS form it looks strange?

like this:

blablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablabablablaba.

the spacing of paragraphs has been removed
Word and Ucas formatting is different. Ucas is more basic and it removes paragraphs made using the return key. You have to create paragraphs by using a row of spaces and sacrificing some of your characters to do so.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Word and Ucas formatting is different. Ucas is more basic and it removes paragraphs made using the return key. You have to create paragraphs by using a row of spaces and sacrificing some of your characters to do so.

Is it necessary to do so?
Original post by TouchtheOoo
Is it necessary to do so?

Yes. You don't want to apply for a course looking as if you don't know how to use paragraphs. Hardly gives a good impression to a bunch of academics who will be marking your work.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes. You don't want to apply for a course looking as if you don't know how to use paragraphs. Hardly gives a good impression to a bunch of academics who will be marking your work.

Many thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending