The Student Room Group

Scar on face help!

Ok guys this'll seem silly, but I've got a scar on the side of my face and it's quite significant. Though it doesn't hurt my self esteem usually kt does bother me. I need help fading it, it's pretty dark it's like the skins just gotten dark. I've tried aloe vera gel and sudo crem but I don't they've worked that we'll. Any help would be great it's not from acne btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Sp1der
Ok guys this'll seem silly, but I've got a scar on the side of my face and it's quite significant. Though it doesn't hurt my self esteem usually kt does bother me. I need help fading it, it's pretty dark it's like the skins just gotten dark. I've tried aloe vera gel and sudo crem but I don't they've worked that we'll. Any help would be great it's not from acne btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are many non-surgical methods used for scar removal, including injectable fillers to fill concave scars, light therapy and lasers, and dermabrasion and chemical peels. For deeper scarring, surgery is needed to remove the old scar. The incision may be closed with either skin grafts or tissue substitutes. In some cases, a tissue expander will be placed below the surface of the scar and slowly filled with a sterile solution. Once the skin has sufficiently been stretched, the expander and scar are removed.
Have you tried bio oil it's meant to reduce scar visibility - you can get it from chemists and supermarkets - quite pricey but quite effective from my understanding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks wonderwoman, (good job getting that username btw) I'm currently attempting aloe vera, should this fail I'll time bio oil q go. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending