The Student Room Group

Girl problems? Help, need opinions D;

Girl problems, need different opinions?
So basically me and this girl have been on and off for three years, never officially going out, just seeing each other. She always leaves me hanging, so we don't talk for a few weeks/months, then she's back again, leading me on and flirting. Everytime it starts getting serious she backs off and man it hurts! So over the past few weeks we started talking again, and this time I honestly believed it was going somewhere, she was saying things to suggest she wanted to be with me, and we ended up having sex. So anyway, on Saturday we were both drunk, texting each other, and I admitted that I loved her, and she said she loved me. All well and good you may think. However on the Sunday she ignored my texts, and yesterday (Monday) she said she had lost her feelings for me?! She said it was because things were getting to serious and she apologised for leading me on, saying shell never do it to me again? I'm seriously confused and upset, I want answers to why her feelings have changed, but I know I shouldn't text her. I just want to know why she did this to me?! Opinions, should I wait a few days and text her, or just completely blank her?????
I'm beginning to think that the over-reliance on texting is leading to more of these threads on forums. Whatever happened to just sitting down at a quiet place and working it out?
(If it doesn't work out, you can only forget about her and move on)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
I'm beginning to think that the over-reliance on texting is leading to more of these threads on forums. Whatever happened to just sitting down at a quiet place and working it out?
(If it doesn't work out, you can only forget about her and move on)

That's what I want to do, was thinking about asking her to meet me, or I could pick her up and talk about it, but I know she wouldn't!
Get fooled once and it's their fault. Get falled twice and it's your fault...
Best to move on mate, plenty more (better) fish in the sea!
Reply 4
I can relate.. She has issues, it's best to leave her before it get's any worse :\ It seems like she's only interested when she's perhaps lonely, bored, etc. The truth hurts sometimes but it's better than being comforted by lies :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
That's what I want to do, was thinking about asking her to meet me, or I could pick her up and talk about it, but I know she wouldn't!

Classic example of falling into a "thinking trap". Know why this is detrimental. (Reference: http://www.cognitivetherapyguide.org/negative-thinking-patterns.htm)
Reply 6
In my honest opinion....Blank her! I had this exact same situation with a guy, but when I got to this situation I let him keep coming back, I couldn't tell him to back off....the day I did was the best feeling ever, I was free after 5 years of a stupid backwards and forwards battle! You need to walk away, you can do better! you need to find someone who really does care about you as much as you have the ability to care about them. It might be hard but honestly it's the best thing you can do because chasing after her will mean you miss out on someone better, I did, luckily he was still around when I finally saw sense and walked away from the arse who had hurt me before :smile:

Best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what you said to me it sounds like she has commitment issues. Has she been hurt in the past or has she got reasons as to why she doesnt want to get close to anyone. I think shes scared because if she tells u she has feelings then she has to admit them to herself and by admitting them to her self shes committing in some way therefore i just think for some reason shes scared of commitment.

But you cant wait for someone forever. Lay your cards on the table tell her how you feel ask her was she so scared of commitment? have it out with her once and for all. whats the worse that can happen shes already hurt you? But make sure you do it face to face.
Reply 8
Original post by Ski_123
In my honest opinion....Blank her! I had this exact same situation with a guy, but when I got to this situation I let him keep coming back, I couldn't tell him to back off....the day I did was the best feeling ever, I was free after 5 years of a stupid backwards and forwards battle! You need to walk away, you can do better! you need to find someone who really does care about you as much as you have the ability to care about them. It might be hard but honestly it's the best thing you can do because chasing after her will mean you miss out on someone better, I did, luckily he was still around when I finally saw sense and walked away from the arse who had hurt me before :smile:

Best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for this reply!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending