MardyBumm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I still haven't made up my mind when it comes to choices.
I dunno whether its better to go for "worse" universities which offer placement year(Aston, Nottingham Trent, Northumbria) or go for more respectable and prestigious ones (leeds, Lancaster, Leicester, Newcastle, York, UEA, Liverpool)
Please please help me
JNDSAN
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
more prestigious ones
MardyBumm
Rep:
?
(Original post by JNDSAN)
more prestigious ones
I thought so.
Im thinking about:
1)Leicester Uni
2)Leeds
3)Newcastle
4)York
5)Exeter
6)Liverpool
7)Lancaster
8)UEA

Which ones would be best?
JNDSAN
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Newcastle, York, Liverpool, Exeter and Leeds are all good so go for them. Within that group, I think York is the stand out uni for academics although Liverpool and Leeds are solid names too.
MardyBumm
Rep:
?
(Original post by JNDSAN)
Newcastle, York, Liverpool, Exeter and Leeds are all good so go for them. Within that group, I think York is the stand out uni for academics although Liverpool and Leeds are solid names too.
I think I will apply to Leeds, Newcastle, York, but I will Liverpool with Leicester and maybe Exeter with UEA
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
NTU isn't a bad bet for insurance in case it all goes Pete Tong.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As far as I'm aware Leicester and UEA offer Law courses with a year abroad (guess that's what you mean by placement?) as I applied to them. Firmed Law with a Modern Language at Leicester, most likely gonna spend my year abroad in France - can't wait
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No offence, those universities aren't prestigious.

You would have to be talking Oxford/LSE etc..
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonynous)
No offence, those universities aren't prestigious.

You would have to be talking Oxford/LSE etc..
For what? The cream of firms and chambers perhaps, but they don't comprise the entire legal profession by a very long way.
Mimir
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Certainly Russell Groups and Oxbridge as usual. Have a look where has the most legal connections - you can find out on open days and sometimes the faculty websites.

Bristol was the first city to have a local Law Society, which is still functioning today - maybe that would be a good Uni, too?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
For what? The cream of firms and chambers perhaps, but they don't comprise the entire legal profession by a very long way.
For prestige.
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonynous)
For prestige.
My guess is that the OP is basing their decision more on realistic career goals than childish notions of being better than other people purely for the sake of it.
MardyBumm
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1501)
As far as I'm aware Leicester and UEA offer Law courses with a year abroad (guess that's what you mean by placement?) as I applied to them. Firmed Law with a Modern Language at Leicester, most likely gonna spend my year abroad in France - can't wait
If I go to Leicester or UEA I won't go for a year abroad. And by placement year I obviously meant a sandwich course but these unis dont offer it
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MardyBumm)
If I go to Leicester or UEA I won't go for a year abroad. And by placement year I obviously meant a sandwich course but these unis dont offer it
Ah I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding then.
harry barnes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MardyBumm)
I thought so.
Im thinking about:
1)Leicester Uni
2)Leeds
3)Newcastle
4)York
5)Exeter
6)Liverpool
7)Lancaster
8)UEA

Which ones would be best?
I would say that York and Exeter are best, followed by Liverpool Leeds Newcastle. All of them are good to be honest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise