Turn on thread page Beta

Blackheads best cleanser? watch

Announcements

Can anyone tell me the best blackhead treatment product or brand? Are pads better? The only one I know of is Clearasil.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about just a blackhead cleaner, but the witch range is really good, I used to have some really bad spots but my skins more or less cleared up completly now.

ReputationRep:
    Clean and clear morning fresh orange burst is an exfoliating face scrub but it sort of worked on removing my blackheads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can anyone tell me the best blackhead treatment product or brand? Are pads better? The only one I know of is Clearasil.
    I have blackheads on the side of my nose! I have tried almost everything you can imagine to blast the stuped things away, from blackhead nose patch removers to face packs, numerous face washes to steaming my face to open the pores and many more! Nothing i have done i repeat NOTHING has worked for me!! The B***tards are simply unbeatable in my experience anyway! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBONY ROSE)
    I have blackheads on the side of my nose! I have tried almost everything you can imagine to blast the stuped things away, from blackhead nose patch removers to face packs, numerous face washes to steaming my face to open the pores and many more! Nothing i have done i repeat NOTHING has worked for me!! The B***tards are simply unbeatable in my experience anyway! :mad:
    Same here, I've tried what seems like everything, and nothing works for me ... also on my nose. If anyone knows of anything to fix them, let us know!

ReputationRep:
    You can't actually 'wash away' blackheads as they're just sebum under the skin that's turned dark from being exposed to air.

What I'd suggest is going for a professional facial where they do a proper 'extraction' and get rid of anything that might be lurking under the surface of your skin.

Alternatively, a comedone/blackhead spoon (you can buy them for £1.99 in Body Shop) might help, but in all honesty, it's never actually been able to get rid of mine.

Also, steaming helps dislodge them, so maybe spend 10 minutes with your head over a bowl of steaming water (with a towel over your head) and that might help you to squeeze the little blighters out.

ReputationRep:
    Clearasil do a facial scrub (like an exfoliater) but I cant remember what its called, it has made mine a lot better but not got rid of them.

Neutrogena also do a lot of stuff for blackheads.

ReputationRep:
    Watch QVC and wait for the Liz Earle skincare range to come up. Its all natural products from plants and i swear to you, her range works wonders on your skin

ReputationRep:
    Steaming is not great as it encourages red capillaries to become visible, just squeeze after you shower.

ReputationRep:
    awwww so cuuute u put anonymous cos you don't want people to know you have blackheads

ReputationRep:
    Clean and clear daily blackhead scrub, I used it ages ago and it worked tis great

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.