The Student Room Group

Do you think I have exceptional predicted grades? Where can I go from here?

Hi, everyone. I want to ask if I have a good predicted grades. Here is my score:

Indonesian A1 Lit SL: 6
English B HL: 6
BM HL: 5
Physics HL: 4 << Struggling
Math SL: 6
Visual Arts SL: 6

TOK/EE: 3
Total: 36pt

If you are an admission officer, would you see my score and chosen subjects exceptional? Do you think getting a 4 in physics hl acceptable? Thanks... please help
Original post by Jack323
Hi, everyone. I want to ask if I have a good predicted grades. Here is my score:

Indonesian A1 Lit SL: 6
English B HL: 6
BM HL: 5
Physics HL: 4 << Struggling
Math SL: 6
Visual Arts SL: 6

TOK/EE: 3
Total: 36pt

If you are an admission officer, would you see my score and chosen subjects exceptional? Do you think getting a 4 in physics hl acceptable? Thanks... please help

Well it completely depends on where you apply and for what. If you apply to somewhere like Liverpool then yes, those scores would be very good. If you apply somewhere like Oxford then they'd be below average. And again, how important a 4 in physics is will completely depend on what you're applying for.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
Well it completely depends on where you apply and for what. If you apply to somewhere like Liverpool then yes, those scores would be very good. If you apply somewhere like Oxford then they'd be below average. And again, how important a 4 in physics is will completely depend on what you're applying for.

I see. Thank you for your input :smile:
Reply 3
Entry requirements vary. Some universities look at the overall score. 36 is a good score! However many top universities also look at the breakdown and expect at least 18 (6,6,6) in the HL subjects and no score below 5. Like Chlorophile pointed out it very much depends where you are thinking of applying. It's a tedious job, but the only way to find out if your grades can get you where you want to be is to check the requirements of every single subject.
Depends on what you want to do. For example I want to go into Engineering and I need 17 in my HL subjects (Including Maths and Physics) but if you wanted to do something more humanities based then you're good. It may drag down your point score but it shouldn't be an issue although I would reconsider whether you need to be doing it at HL and switch it for an other uni-relevant subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending