Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I don't want to dye my hair, the colour of it is one of my favourite things about myself. It's dark brown with a slight reddish tinge and really shiny.
    I had a patch of wanting ot dye it, dont so much now, but occasionally I see a pack of hair dye and think hmmm thats would look nice on me

ReputationRep:
    How on EARTH did some of you put up with these stupid rules.

Jesus bed at 10:30 in year 11 is bad, never mention year 12.

Grounded for a year? What did you do? Why didn't you leave?

Dear god, thank the lord for my parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyJJ)

If that 10.30 bed thing is about my post, then that was only on school nights, and if I said I was going out they probably wouldn't have minded me breaking it every now and again. It's just they didn't want the TV blaring downstairs cos it was right below their room.

When you're child and don't know what is wrong or right, would you rather put yourself in a situation or listen to your parents who want the best for you? And if you're not a child, doesnt matter. We live in a crazy world, so no wonder they are protective? I'd say they trust you, but not the society. The bus for example, suure they know that you can go alone, but they never know if there is a sicko sitting there you know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    That's just paranoia due to our stupid media using fear as a means of control.

ReputationRep:

i couldnt agree more

ReputationRep:
    I'm still curious (as I'm sure the rest of us are) as to why BlackHawk got grounded for a WHOLE year haha.

ReputationRep:
    That's just paranoia due to our stupid media using fear as a means of control.
    **** happens everyday! how is that paranoia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockthecasbah)
    I'm still curious (as I'm sure the rest of us are) as to why BlackHawk got grounded for a WHOLE year haha.
    Me too! I demand to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hev456)
    i said about going to Durham as they're 10th in the country and pretty high up for business, but my parents just said 'well how are you going to get your stuff up there? you WOULDN'T want to sit 5 hours on a train up there'

so yes they would be that selfish, no 10th highest university in the country for me. :rolleyes:
    Seriously insane... It is YOUR future and YOUR life... Btw, aren't you 18 by the time of starting university? If so you can/could do whatever you want anyway:rolleyes: .
    I seriously cannot believe all strict/insane/stupid/strange rules I read in this thread... I have never really had any rules set by my parents, sure I tell them if I'm going to be away or if I need to be picked up etc. but it is never so that they forbid me to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Hmm Where do I begin?

- I'm not allowed the light in my room on after 9pm at night.
    - Until recently I wasn't allowed to Sing in public or at home, Play music, practice my clarinet at home despite the fact I'm a good singer and clarinetist. I rebelled agianst that one and am now a soloist singer in my school concert.
    - I'm not allowed to cook food despite the fact I take Food Technology GCSE, at home.
    - My mother chose my GCSE options, I had no say :mad:
    She's also choosing my 6th form college and A Level choices.- I can't use the phone.
    - I can't use the bath without permission and only them once every 2 weeks (I shower every day though).
    - I have to walk everywhere even if it rains.
    - I can't wear skirts that show my knees.
    - I have to eat whatever food I'm given - even if it makes me sick - no seconds either.
    - I can't go upstairs between 7am and 7pm.
    - I can't watch the downstairs TV.
    - I can't sit in the front seat of a car.
    - No friends allowed over.

The main ones that annoy me are the choosing of my GCSEs and the "No Music" rule - they know I love to sing and play music.

Do you really want to know why I refer to my Parents as Mother and Father?

I despise them and they ddespise me. I'm an accident and have no say in anything because of it.

If I argue with them I get a mouthful of abuse and once had a dictionary thrown at me for accidentally leaving it out.

I have more respect for my teachers than my parents - my parents parenting skills are crap - my teachers know me and treat me as a person not an object
    You simply cannot let them chose YOUR future... Chose whatever YOU want. All strange rules about other stuff I guess I'd just rebel against, but MY own education I'd never let anyone decide for me...

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: Its not like my parents could stop be doing anything I wanted anyway. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Them choosing your A-Level options is ridiculous. Although I must admit, there are some courses I wouldn't want my kid to do.... but I'd just lightheartedly take the piss out of them till they realised it was crap and change their minds themselves :p:

ReputationRep:
    get a grip and take control of your life - you will be doing a course you hate, stuck into a career you hate and wasting years of your life, this is not the time to be submissive. There's a time in everyones lives when they stand up for themselves and rise to be counted. Commeth the hour, the time is now - before your application goes off you can still change things - this is not omg they're parents and omipotant - its time to say - I control my future and my destiny, I live my life.

good luck

Wangers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.