Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a trainner that will pass as a shoe, that are comfy to wear, like a normal sports trainer is, anyone know of any, size 12 though...big foot! They have to be black and most be comfy as my feet are really bad and need to be protected from getting any worse. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Something like this?

-x-

ReputationRep:
    http://www.designertrainers.com/prod.../483-1544-7315

ReputationRep:
    ^Oh they are lovely!!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    They look cool, will have to look into them futher, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You say your feet are really bad and need to be stopped from getting any worse. Don't know exactly what that means but i will say Diesel shoes although look great don't really offer much protection, don't know if your feet need protection but i find because i've got wide feet they slip off the edge of my diesel shoes.

ReputationRep:
    i am not so sure either of those trainers could pass for shoes - they still look trainer-ish to me

What are they needed for? They could probably pass for basic uniform requirements in a shop - but not in a more formal job.

I bought a pair of shoes for £30 one and they were padded as nice as trainers - infact better- ever since then everyshoe I have had has had minimal padding - even the most expensive ones - i just can't find padded shoes anywhere now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    i am not so sure either of those trainers could pass for shoes - they still look trainer-ish to me

What are they needed for? They could probably pass for basic uniform requirements in a shop - but not in a more formal job.

I bought a pair of shoes for £30 one and they were padded as nice as trainers - infact better- ever since then everyshoe I have had has had minimal padding - even the most expensive ones - i just can't find padded shoes anywhere now.
    It would be for a formal job/placement. I need comfort as I have a condition whereby my toes cuvre into my other toes \ / like that, so finding a pair of shoes that fit is hard, finding ones that are comfy is nearon impossible! Hence why I'm looking for a trainer that will pass off as a shoe.

ReputationRep:
    Diesel shoes are narrow, im a size 12 same as you but ive got really wide feet so although i have had a pair or two but their not great comfort wise, imagine your feet get wide at the toes so diesel maybe a problem. If you were to explain to your work i'm sure they would be understanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameso88)
    Diesel shoes are narrow, im a size 12 same as you but ive got really wide feet so although i have had a pair or two but their not great comfort wise, imagine your feet get wide at the toes so diesel maybe a problem. If you were to explain to your work i'm sure they would be understanding.
    I'm currently searching for a placement, in IT, so when I'm on placement I'll have to wear shoes unless I end up at somewhere where they dress down. My feet do get wider, I have what is called a high bridge too, which means my feet are not only wide but thick, hence when I kick someone it hurts more than it normally would. I need to have an operation to one correct the alignment of my toes and two lower the bridge, this would take like 6 weeks in plaster for each foot, they only do one at a time, and 6 months of keeping the weight off, but I'd be allowed to walk just not a lot of walking, no running etc. This would mean over a year with not being able to walk properly. There is also a chance after the op rather than making it easier on my feet, it could get worse... Hence why I'm not jumping at the chance to have it done.

ReputationRep:
    Surely they can make exceptions to the uniform rule based on a medical condition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonny M)
    Surely they can make exceptions to the uniform rule based on a medical condition?
    I'd have to ask the employer I end up working for about it.

But it wouldn't look good turning up at interview with like trainers on they would think this guy is a joker and probably ask me like one question and thanks that's all we need to hear close the door on your way out. I could aways turn up to interview with my foot in plaster now that would be funny.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.