The Student Room Group

help

hi i am new here and i not long in left the army and i want to study nursing but have no idea where to start or what i need to do so could anybody give me any advice in where to start ot what i need

thankyou in advance
Reply 1
Hello,

Do you currently have GCSE's in english language and mathematics? If you don't, you will have to obtain a C grade in both subjects before you can progress. Once you have these in place, you can apply for the access course which is designed to give you the skills and knowledge needed to progress into higher education courses in nursing or midwifery. The course is one year and intensive. On completion, you achieve the Access to HE Diploma qualification that is accepted for entry into Higher Education courses e.g. nursing degree.

Visit college websites that are near you, you will find more information on the above.

Good luck :biggrin:

Original post by pauljepson300
hi i am new here and i not long in left the army and i want to study nursing but have no idea where to start or what i need to do so could anybody give me any advice in where to start ot what i need

thankyou in advance
No I don't have GCSEs I only have lvl 2 maths and English

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Some universities will accept your level 2 functional/key skills qualifications as an alternative to GCSE's, however, i'd recommend that you enrol on the access course.

Good luck :biggrin:

Original post by pauljepson300
No I don't have GCSEs I only have lvl 2 maths and English

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you I will look into this and see which would accept them . Don't know if it would be worth me doing GCSEs . But thank you for your input 👍 .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest