allybop99
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
When is everyone's prelims and when are you starting to revise??

Mine are in the second week of January, I'm starting to revise in the christmas holidays. Is this to late? How much should I revise?
BreezeBlockss
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Mines are in the second week of January too. I think it depends on the subjects you're doing and how you have been coping with them. Last year I revised at the weekend before they started which was the biggest mistake ever because I basically failed them all so don't do that haha.
PearsonEmma
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Our school hasn't told us yet. Last year it was before Christmas but I believe this year they are talking about mid January. I haven't started properly studying to be honest.
gwagon
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ours is in Feb...lol
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
January. Not alot of revision because investigations etc.

Re how much to revise: Until you can get every practice question correct of course
There is no set amount, it depends how quickly you can absorb the info
Rachelmcl13
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
We've just finished ours!
Good luck to everyone!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Treen98
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by allybop99)
When is everyone's prelims and when are you starting to revise??

Mine are in the second week of January, I'm starting to revise in the christmas holidays. Is this to late? How much should I revise?

Mine are the same time as yours- biology, chemistry, english, maths and physics :eek:
I only started revising over this holiday and am beginning to think I should have started earlier
In any case I'd aim for at least a couple of hours a day- not that I always do this but don't overdo it either; one of my friends basically spends ALL of her time revising, she barely does anything else and yeah she gets good grades but I'm more willing to sacrifice half a dozen marks and keep my social life and work shifts.
Good luck for your prelims
Brandon_97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ours are in early February, fun times! Been doing a bit of revision pretty much every day for ages now, keep on top of everything, especially when you're doing 2 AH sciences :')
Smith_97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ours start mid January but I only have 2 (AH Maths and H Accounting) as AH Music isn't until later at our school. I have started to revise but I am struggling to find the motivation. From last years experience I started revising 2nd week of the christmas holidays and I wish I had started a bit sooner. Got pretty good grades in the prelims but probably would have done better if I had given myself more time as I was doing 5 highers.
Good luck with your prelims everyone
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Mine are starting on the 22nd.

Done quite of revision last term and I've been making some 'note posters' for some low key revision over the holidays. Past papers have been decent: get 89% for AH Physics (yet my UCAS predicted grade is a C ), around 78% for AH Maths, barely scraping an A for AH French and solid 90-100% in H Computing.

Hoping to prove my CCCa predictions wrong in the prelims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GoldenAge
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Prelims are week after next. I've started revising for one subject properly. I'm about to start on the others tomorrow. I'm not going to get the best grades, but if I do intense studying from now until my final exams I should be fine.

I need to learn a ridiculous amount of poetry for Adv Higher English, which is the only ****e thing.

It's never too late to start revising. It's also never too early. The earlier you start the easier it will be, but as long as you don't get complacent you'll be fine. Don't stress if your prelims don't go as well as you'd like them to, just be sure to revise for your final exams and you'll be good. Everyone improves before May. Good luck with your prelims!
chopinfan
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm so screwed for prelims. Really don't have the motivation to study and they start next week I've done well in tests so far this year too but now I just cba haha
ah4p
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
3 weeks time for me

Whose done advanced higher physics, maths, chemistry or geography prelim this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username738914
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
3 weeks time for me

Whose done advanced higher physics, maths, chemistry or geography prelim this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did maths today, it was alright but my teacher included integration by parts - which we haven't done .

Have physics on Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah4p
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
Just did maths today, it was alright but my teacher included integration by parts - which we haven't done .

Have physics on Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's really unfair if you haven't done it, still at least you're not the only one who'll have struggled with that
did you get one of those horrible growth/decay logarithmic integration questions, or even worse the dreaded optimisation question? we had both! which I thought was very unfair
username738914
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
that's really unfair if you haven't done it, still at least you're not the only one who'll have struggled with that
did you get one of those horrible growth/decay logarithmic integration questions, or even worse the dreaded optimisation question? we had both! which I thought was very unfair
No! I would honestly freak out if I saw one of those growth/decay questions..

Optimisation isn't too bad, it's just really time consuming.

How do you think you did?
ah4p
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
No! I would honestly freak out if I saw one of those growth/decay questions..

Optimisation isn't too bad, it's just really time consuming.

How do you think you did?
well I don't want to tempt fate but i'll be getting my mark back on Friday and I don't think it went too well to be honest but it also wasn't a disaster so i'm not sure :P
username738914
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
well I don't want to tempt fate but i'll be getting my mark back on Friday and I don't think it went too well to be honest but it also wasn't a disaster so i'm not sure :P
Haha, I feel the same.

I think I've done enough to pass but not sure whether it'll be a good pass or not.
ah4p
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Bb
ah4p
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Haha, I feel the same.

I think I've done enough to pass but not sure whether it'll be a good pass or not.
Yup it's an annoying feeling :P
But I suppose we'll know soon enough :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (22)
20.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.32%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (7)
6.6%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (18)
16.98%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (24)
22.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
21.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise