AS Physics Help! Watch

gavss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to do really well in M1 and 2 that I'm taking in further maths but I'm not doing very well in the mechanics part in physics. I understand that you have to give a lot more than just calculations but does anyone have any tips on how to do well in mechanics - physics. I seem to understand the theory well and I can apply formulas but I don't really do well in the tests in class.

Thanks in advance
acontium
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physics mechanics is just about practice practice practice, they can't ask that many different things really! Well that's what I have found anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
gavss
Rep:
?
(Original post by acontium)
Physics mechanics is just about practice practice practice, they can't ask that many different things really! Well that's what I have found anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suppose it sounds silly but I find maths mechanics a whole lot easier than the ones in physics. even when most of them is just substituting values into equations, nonetheless I find them really hard. I do edexcel physics by the way.
acontium
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same as me, any certain topic?
gavss
Rep:
?
(Original post by acontium)
Same as me, any certain topic?
Unit 1 - mechanics and materials

Well, I make stupid mistakes on the normal calculations and the experimental questions
EnolaGay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gavss)
Hi

I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to do really well in M1 and 2 that I'm taking in further maths but I'm not doing very well in the mechanics part in physics. I understand that you have to give a lot more than just calculations but does anyone have any tips on how to do well in mechanics - physics. I seem to understand the theory well and I can apply formulas but I don't really do well in the tests in class.

Thanks in advance
Get the concepts clear, keep doing practice papers and a final revision through your notes or the revision guide.
mrcowentweets
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, you may find some of my revision videos helpful for AS/A Level Physics. See the links in my signature/profile.

For example, here's one explaining projectile motion:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (39)
24.22%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (55)
34.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
16.77%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (14)
8.7%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (26)
16.15%

Watched Threads