Applying to Deloitte? Watch

jovialtom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey there,
I’m a new grad working in Deloitte’s corporate finance division having graduated from Nottingham last year. Just a quick note to anyone serious about applying for a graduate position at Deloitte this year, in any service line; If you are looking for a ‘contact’ to put down on your application form then you can use me, I’m not sure whether it will increase your chances, but I could probably offer you some helpful advice during the application process, and if I have the time I might be able to quickly read through your application… If this is of interest of you then drop me a pm,
Regards,
Tom
fubu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh everyone might also like to know that Deloitte run a scheme for its employees and those holding offers, its called talent scout - £1,500 for every successful referral, putting someone's name down on your application form won't increase your chances, but it might boost someone's pay packet.

I continue to offer application advice to those who need it, and I won't even mention putting my name on your application form. Unless you offer to of course :P
abshirf2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol
jovialtom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Admitedly thats true about the fee, but saying it won't help your application is just one opinion. An applicant doesn't have anything to lose by doing so, and arguably all to gain- and in my experience, having a refferal on the application form did slightly increase my chances of obtaining an offer as the advice/information I recieved gave me that something extra to talk about during the interview process. I also knew a tiny bit about the person interviewing me. Being also one of the very few grads in corporate finance I can also provide more specific advice on my service line- (priceless!)
melquíades el gitano
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
haha, there's a fair few Deloitte people here...fubu,are you in any of the London offices?
fubu
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nope, I was an SVS. Starting fulltime in Southampton next September

To the OP, yea helping people at the various stages of their application will improve their chances of securing a position, but I still question whether having your name on their application will increase their chances. There's a girl who will be applying to my regional office this year who has attended just about every event Deloitte have held, she's even been to lunch with an associate and had a meeting with the Audit partner. Yet she's borderline 2.2 and the HR has said she won't get in unless she meets the grades - all her attempts at having 'contacts' have done jack all

I think it’s great that you want to help out applicants; I just thought everyone should know the full story; I'm an honest chappy see.
melquíades el gitano
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, its nice to give out the help I would have loved when I applied.
There's also the tiny detail that they ask a lot about your links to the person who put you down before they pay, and if they smell a fish, they won't pay. Could be a bit of a nasty surprise, that..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise