The Student Room Group

Studying CompSci with low mathematics grade?

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I've just been rejected from my first uni due to not meeting the correct grades, as I was to dumb to realise the importance of my GCSE revision and only got a C in maths, whereas most unis want a B grade, and Glasgow has just declined me due to this.

I'm now stressing out as foolishly I sent my uni to many unis with a B entry grade in mathematics.

It sucks because I will have a Distinction* in Mathematics for IT Practitioners and I have a D*D*D* in Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT.

My question is are there many good unis that will accept me without the maths grade, and if anyone could recommend any, they would be a lifesaver as I need to substitute a course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Con707
Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I've just been rejected from my first uni due to not meeting the correct grades, as I was to dumb to realise the importance of my GCSE revision and only got a C in maths, whereas most unis want a B grade, and Glasgow has just declined me due to this.

I'm now stressing out as foolishly I sent my uni to many unis with a B entry grade in mathematics.

It sucks because I will have a Distinction* in Mathematics for IT Practitioners and I have a D*D*D* in Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT.

My question is are there many good unis that will accept me without the maths grade, and if anyone could recommend any, they would be a lifesaver as I need to substitute a course.

There won't be many good universities that will accept you on just a C grade. You might want to consider a wider range of universities instead of sat there looking at the top 20? Perhaps your college will let you take the higher tier exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending