Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at my friend's hand today, and he's been really quite ill in the past, but he doesn't have finger prints :| Like seriously, there are none of those circular markings that most people have, just great cracks that go down them. What would cause this? He won't tell me what it's about. He used to have perfectly normal fingers. He seems to drink alot of water so I don't think he's dehydrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I was looking at my friend's hand today, and he's been really quite ill in the past, but he doesn't have finger prints :| Like seriously, there are none of those circular markings that most people have, just great cracks that go down them. What would cause this? He won't tell me what it's about. He used to have perfectly normal fingers. He seems to drink alot of water so I don't think he's dehydrated.
    he might have burnt his fingers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    he might have burnt his fingers?
    I don't think so, the skin looks fine, not hard or damaged or anything, it seems like a much more fundamental oddity.

ReputationRep:
    you mean he has no fingerprints?

ReputationRep:
    Same with my mom, she was alergic to something, and for some reasons it made the circle thingy's on her finger tips dissapear.

ReputationRep:
    maybe his hands are swollen or something? Or he's a member of the MIB.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like eczema. Caused be an inability of the skin in your hands (and elsewhere) to retain water. They go dry and crack and therefore the skin is constantly dying. Eventually, I guess this results in the lack of fingerprints you just described. Same thing has happened to a friend of mine.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just ask him....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Same with my mom, she was alergic to something, and for some reasons it made the circle thingy's on her finger tips dissapear.
    Interesting, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    Sounds like eczema. Caused be an inability of the skin in your hands (and elsewhere) to retain water. They go dry and crack and therefore the skin is constantly dying. Eventually, I guess this results in the lack of fingerprints you just described. Same thing has happened to a friend of mine.
    This sounds almost exactly like what he had, but the skin wasn't dry at all, it seemed very well hydrated, perhaps even more so than normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Why don't you just ask him....?
    I did. There are things in his past he doesn't wish to talk about, or tell me at all. Or will just lie about. He mumbled something about fish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    you mean he has no fingerprints?
    Could be useful

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.