Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Was wondering what the best way to keep lecture notes is, i tryed to keep a seperate a4 pad for each module and keep all notes in that pad, but when it rained heavy last week, the water somehow go into my bag and ruined my pads , so is taking notes out each night and putting them in a ringbinder the best way for organising notes etc?

thanks,

Ib

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! What i do is take a pad of paper each day, write notes in that then write them out and put into ringbinders at night.

ReputationRep:
    remember to number your pages in case your folder gets too full and falls apart.

ReputationRep:
    You can also use a waterproof bag.

ReputationRep:
    I used a large A4 folder to store all my notes in with dividers between particular lecture courses and a smaller folder to store the most recent lecture notes in to take to lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    I used a large A4 folder to store all my notes in with dividers between particular lecture courses and a smaller folder to store the most recent lecture notes in to take to lectures.

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Lever arch files, different colours for each paper, divided within each for each week's essay work. I leave them in my rom and carry around an A4 folder with some dividers in for each week's work.

I also have a reasonably waterporoof bag and a rain cover for it! Perhaps scrunch up a couple of carrier bags in the bottom of your bag, so that if it's raining you'll have them to put your work in so it won't get wet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm typing mine up after each lecture that way I read them again anyway and their safe in my computer must remember to back them up though. Still get loads of time to c my m8s

ReputationRep:
    How old fashioned you all are!

I type all my college notes up in Microsoft OneNote.

ReputationRep:
    'Old fashoined?'

Traditional, thankyouverymuch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ89)
    How old fashioned you all are!

I type all my college notes up in Microsoft OneNote.
    it wud be hard to type up maths notes,

do i need to take my most recent notes into each lecture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibshort)
    it wud be hard to type up maths notes,

do i need to take my most recent notes into each lecture?
    If you have a graphics tablet or a tablet PC, you can draw into OneNote

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY hope you're taking regular backups of any computerised notes you have...

Hard-drive format = COMPLETELY lost notes, etc etc. A4 paper will never crash, perform an illegal operation, have network problems, run out of virtual memory, be stolen, be broken, be afflicted with the Blue Screen Of Death, etc etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    I REALLY hope you're taking regular backups of any computerised notes you have...

Hard-drive format = COMPLETELY lost notes, etc etc. A4 paper will never crash, perform an illegal operation, have network problems, run out of virtual memory, be stolen, be broken, be afflicted with the Blue Screen Of Death, etc etc!
    Of course, they're saved on the college network, on my web hosting, on my laotp, my desktop, and my USB stick

Although I don't have any exams, so they're just for assignments etc.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ89)
    If you have a graphics tablet or a tablet PC, you can draw into OneNote
    But its just not worth it with maths notes. Its so much easier to read and write maths notes on paper.

ReputationRep:
    Wahoooo!!! I've actually done it early for once. Done it tonight, whereas in college I did it about 2 weeks before exams .

ReputationRep:
    I use diff methods every few weeks, lol! Get bored easily! Anyway atm i'm doing:

Have one big folder thing that has all notes/handouts in atm (hardly got any) and as it's a thin folder take it with me to all lectures, then i also take a pad of paper. I take whatever notes, then write them up in the evening, that way i can look over what we covered (as i'm not really 'with it' in lectures (daydreaming!!)) and if there's any areas i'm v confused about can make a note and ask

-x-

ReputationRep:
    throughout my first year, my notes kind of ended up in a big pile on the floor until the pile got too big or i had to start revising.

i've got some ringbinders as well, but only cheap ones, as i tend to have to throw them away at the end of the year (=> you cannot imagine the frustration of realising that you have to buy new binders and hole punchers EVERY year just because of the lack of international standardisation, in my case, sweden->england-> canada (all of which use different and incompatible systems...) *end of rant)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.