Omissions liability Watch

Squig
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there! I'm currently trying to type up my problem question answer about an omissions that leads to the victims death, and I am unsure how to incorporate factual causation and legal causation into the answer...

How do you do that, seeing as it was an omission as opposed to an act that brought about the Victims death?

For example D is V's father, D gets distracted by a painting on a wall and fails to notice V jump into a deep pool V cannot swim in, V drowns and dies.

How would you establish factual and legal cause here?

I'd be grateful to anyone who could help!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
Blackacre
Badges: 2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TSR Jessica)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
Oh look, it's a poorly-disguised bot. Every post it's made is the same.

At least it isn't relying on the goodwill of unpaid volunteers to respond to the hundreds of unanswered threads.

(Original post by Squig)
Hi there! I'm currently trying to type up my problem question answer about an omissions that leads to the victims death, and I am unsure how to incorporate factual causation and legal causation into the answer...

How do you do that, seeing as it was an omission as opposed to an act that brought about the Victims death?

For example D is V's father, D gets distracted by a painting on a wall and fails to notice V jump into a deep pool V cannot swim in, V drowns and dies.

How would you establish factual and legal cause here?

I'd be grateful to anyone who could help!
Do you still need help on this?
notskeletor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Acts and omissions both work the same way when it comes to causation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads