The Student Room Group

Girls if a guy you like said to you lets go travelling

would you go with him???
He said hell pay for everything for you,you wont have to work,
For like 21 months.
4 months in france,6 months in spain,6 months in turkey,Portugal etc.

Scroll to see replies

Seriously, no one can afford a 6 month "holiday". If you're going away for 6 months then surely it's more to do with having a job at your destination?
Original post by shawn_o1
Seriously, no one can afford a 6 month "holiday". If you're going away for 6 months then surely it's more to do with having a job at your destination?

you can if you stay in a house instead of a hotel and you have savings
In another lifetime under different circumstances, hell yes. I always wanted to travel. It's the one biggest thing I wish I'd had the opportunity to do (even more than I wish I'd finished uni!)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
In another lifetime under different circumstances, hell yes. I always wanted to travel. It's the one biggest thing I wish I'd had the opportunity to do (even more than I wish I'd finished uni!)

why in another lifetime?
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1

What about all the people who go away on gap years? Several people I travelled with in Australia never had jobs for the year they were there.
I can't even get him to come with me if I offer to pay. :'( Not that I can pay much, still haven't saved enough.
Well he won't be paying for me but otherwise passport is ready, bags are packed. Where are we going? :smile:
21 months travelling hahaha you're dreaming unless you're a millionaire
Original post by jaffacake111
Well he won't be paying for me but otherwise passport is ready, bags are packed. Where are we going? :smile:

lol wherever you wanna go.
and why wont he be paying for you?
Are you basing this from the Jordan Axani story?
Original post by matthewduncan
why in another lifetime?

She's married with kids, commitments.
lol wherever you wanna go.
and why wont he be paying for you?

Haha, you laugh but I am deadly serious :smile:

I've been asked this before about paying and I have never been told I have given a good answer.

I am persistent though, I supose I just feel weird about it. I am like it about anything and everything though and travelling is massive so I just think there's an obligation that comes with it. That's the best I've got.

However if my parents would like to pay they can go ahead, I won't complain :smile:
Reply 13
Nah. I don't mind the idea of going on 1-2 week long holidays but traveling has been something which has never interested me (or him either).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
why in another lifetime?

Well it couldn't very well happen in this lifetime lol. I'm a nearly 31-year-old married woman with 4 kids.

You never know I guess I could always travel when they all grow up and leave home, but it's not really the same as being young and just taking off around the world with some random cute guy that I'm crushing on, as per the initial question lol
Travelling for 21 months ? 😂😉 is this dude Rik Ross or something ? Ain't nobody got money for dat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by So Instinct
Are you basing this from the Jordan Axani story?

no
no, i can't stand feeling indebted to people
This is going to sound really terrible, but I honestly would far rather travel to a bunch of different countries for a few months than 3 over 2. I'm not that interested in the countries stated. Besides that, 21 months is a damn long time. I feel like I'd probably miss people.
Hell yeah, but I wouldn't want him to pay for it as I might not stay with him for the full trip, i'd want to see more than just a few countries in 21 months.

All you people saying no one has money for that are severely lacking in imagination, travel doesn't have to be crazy expensive depending on where you go, and you can combine it with work along the way!

Quick Reply

Latest