The Student Room Group

Interracial Relationships

Do you get to see interracial relationships in uni? Ermm.. such as an Indian guy dating with a White Caucasian girl or a blonde?

and...

how do you personally think about going out with someone from a different country?

I'm in Malaysia at the moment... and I usually see that the Chinese girls* here are more attracted towards the Chinese guys and take Indian guys as friends only. :biggrin: So, im just wondering, is it the same thing with the Brits?

*edit = no offense to any Chinese though

Scroll to see replies

I'm absolutely fine with it :biggrin:

Imagine my delight when out with my boyfriend, another male came up and asked my boyfriend if he was from Bollywood :cool:
Why not? Personally I tend to like Asian men. :cool:
Reply 3
OMG since when did Swinburne go down the hideous American year ring tradition route? EW.EW.EW.

Uni is no different to the rest of the world, you will see all sorts of things. Don't expect uni to be some idealistic place. It's not.
Well being born from an interracial relationship - I'd say they're fine, and do happen in England or I wouldn't be alive. :P
Reply 5
It's fine. Personally I am not attracted to Asian(indian, sri lankan, pakistani, bangali) men. But I know plenty of girls who are. I don't see a problem with it. I am born from an interracial couple.
I see quite a few white girls with Asian boyfriends walking around here, and once saw a Chinese guy with an Asian girlfriend which isn't common but it's really cool to see. Interracial coupling intrigues me.
Reply 6
They're not uncommon, no.
some ASian weapon are bloody stunning
:ditto: Arjun Rampal...:biggrin: :biggrin:...enough said. lol
Reply 9
My boyfriend is half Indonesian and I'm white... he's yummy, I really like Asian guys.
Its nothing weird at all purely cos Im an Asian lad who dates white girls and think why do people even think it cud be weird. Its 2 people going out cos they like each other...
nothign weird, but i would love to see a child wtih a black mum/dad and a chinese dad/mum lol never seen it, pictures aynone...>?
Reply 12
i would love to see a child wtih a black mum/dad and a chinese dad/mum lol never seen it, pictures aynone...>?

Tiger Woods ^^
has he really...how dissapointing..not nearly like i imagined it :frown: oh well :p:
Reply 14
There's also Amerie (singer), but her mum is Korean.
Reply 15
I think inter-racial relationships are really nice to see. It's nice to see that two people can look past their difference in races. It's not very often I get to see this though. Although I have, and have had 2 relationships like this myself.
Reply 16
I'm Asian and my gf is white - we get along really well! :smile:
[QUOTE='[EX]Yellow']Tiger Woods ^^
Tiger Woods is more of an ethnic Renaissance Man. {he was mentioned in my Sociology textbook}

My best friend is Thai. I'd really like to be in a relationship with him. lol.
Reply 18
One of my Aunts is married to a man whose part Swiss part Punjabi..
Then there's one of my Uncles (who passes away years ago) who married a Portugese lady.. he was Indian.

Wait.. if a person is dead, do I refer to their race as 'was' or 'is'?
I'm involved in an inter-racial relationship

Latest

Trending

Trending