Turn on thread page Beta

Interracial Relationships watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a crush on a guy of a different race :p:

ReputationRep:
    Someone gave me a -ve rep for my first post... did i write something bad to deserve it? :confused:

I just wanted to know all of your opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>)
    Someone gave me a -ve rep for my first post... did i write something bad to deserve it? :confused:

I just wanted to know all of your opinions.
    I didnt -ve rep you, but the person who did probably is annoyed because this topic has been covered millions of times on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyz2k6)
    I didnt -ve rep you, but the person who did probably is annoyed because this topic has been covered millions of times on this forum.
    Erm.. I don't post much in this section of TSR and so I didn't know about the similar previous threads.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    my ex was white and i'm black,and we were great! so yeh it does happen a lot everywhere not only uni..

ReputationRep:
    Erm.. I don't post much in this section of TSR and so I didn't know about the similar previous threads.
    Search function?

Personally I don't find many people of other races attractive for whatever reasons. But yes, you do see plenty of inter-racial relationships these days.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with the OP, there is much prejudice against Indians (esp girls) having interracial relations. however the OP's observation is probably due to the chinese culture being more similar to the malasian culture than the indian. maybe it is religious similarity, as maybe more malaysians are buddist like the chinses than hindu like the indians

i am indian looking, mixed-up latina but i am Catholic and i want to marry another Catholic only but i feel the pressure of interracial relationship with eg a nice white irish cathoilc would be too much for me, people will call me and my children bad names. society isnt really non prejudicial in this respect

ReputationRep:
    The reasons behind starting this thread are that I wanted to know many opinions and also discuss something related to the topic.

The part of M'sia, where I'm living at the moment, has mostly got Chinese people living around. They are citizens of M'sia but their grandparents originated from China. I'm not sure about the statement I made in my first post on all Chinese here or the ones from China - maybe the native Chinese are different from M'sian Chinese.

There are some who are really hot and pretty, but I think they are not approachable for non-chinese guys (i mean, say if i ask out one, she might say 'no' :p: ). I tried to ask this question to some chinese guys here, they said that the girls might not be willing to start any relationship with someone from other country primarily because of the language barrier. That's just a few opinions I got about this topic. Anyone here who can clarify it more?

ReputationRep:
    Oh... i just forgot to mention my opinions on Interracial Relationship.

As long as the girl can speak in English fluently and if she's nice & pretty both in outside (looks) and inside (from heart), I wouldn't mind going out with her.

Personally, I find few Chinese girls so HOT and some are so SWEET

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    i am indian looking, mixed-up latina but i am Catholic and i want to marry another Catholic only but i feel the pressure of interracial relationship with eg a nice white irish cathoilc would be too much for me, people will call me and my children bad names. society isnt really non prejudicial in this respect
    That's been conditioned into you by someone else. Badbadbad - and so not true, unless you want to turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Your tree is not going to grow strong roots without a bit of strong wind to sway it.

http://www.revenue.state.ak.us/image...fade_short.gif
    There are some who are really hot and pretty, but I think they are not approachable for non-chinese guys (i mean, say if i ask out one, she might say 'no' :p: ).
    Singaporean girls are harder because the international schoolies tend to be rolling around in money and simply want someone to ground them - when most male youths try to adapt to the mannerisms of the target :rolleyes: So, given that Sg is where I've "practiced" in the region, trust me on this, Ash.

Rule: Never think about asking her out before you're sure that she wants you. If you first get her attracted, then getting the email/phone/date/lift there and back/her to pay is easy - she'll actually go out of her way to make sure she's with you and you're both happy.
    I tried to ask this question to some chinese guys here, they said that the girls might not be willing to start any relationship with someone from other country primarily because of the language barrier. That's just a few opinions I got about this topic. Anyone here who can clarify it more?
    The language excuse is irrelevant. If someone you've barely noticed comes up to you to ask for your time with them, before you even know them - let alone are attracted to them - then you'll come up with some polite excuse to get them out of your face. That's a conscious choice. Whereas, once you're befriending new people as soon as you meet, they won't have that capacity to choose, they'll be very open to suggestion, within reason. So ditch the limiting factors and work out what you are doing - words, tone, posture - that isn't helping, and fix it.

ReputationRep:
    hey Ron... thanks for your WORDS OF WISDOM.

Since you've stayed in Singapore, it'd be great to get some more suggestions from you. Enlighten me with your words of wisdom whenever you can.

ReputationRep:
    I find it really strange how people can even question things like interracial relationships... well, I am a product of one, so I guess I've never really seen a problem in it. Until a few years ago I only then started to realise that people questioned such things, so then I felt a bit naive/oblivious to it all or that it might cause problems for some people.
    Also this post has shown clearly how most people have no problem with it, or even have/had an interracial relationship themselves... so go for it ! But from the sounds of it, the chinese-malay girls (is that PC lol?) you're interested in might themselves be prejudice and like only their own kind :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkfairy753)
    I just got neg repped for this post, with no reason. If you got offended, please PM me.
    It's really annoying when you get neg rep without any reason. Mods should be looking into this matter seriously.

ReputationRep:
    im black/white and in a relationship with an indian girl so i guess its a 3 way race relationship lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol...

ReputationRep:
    Now i've got another neg rep for just saying 'lol'.

Seems like I shouldn't be posting in this section of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkfairy753)
    This person has an Indian father, and a Chinese mother.
    She really annoys me haha.

ReputationRep:
    What's BNP?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i dont see anything wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend of two yrs is white and im black- interracial relationships happen everywhere

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.