Forced to drop a subject, Help!

Watch this thread
Stucktosomemice
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have been taking computing since the start of AS, I have had no problems what so ever in the lessons or with homework until recently.
I was late in submitting a piece of coursework in for a teacher set deadline, after handing it in a few weeks later, I was asked to make some improvements. I made these improvements however was a couple of days late in my resubmission. The teacher has turned around to me and said that she did not want the work and that I am off the course. I still want to take computing however I don't know where I stand on this situation.
Help!
Many Thanks,
Samuel
alice_16
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
try to explain to her why you were late for the resubmission and date and then she might reconsider...or is there anyone else you can talk to..maybe someone higher up than her and see what they say?
x
Stucktosomemice
Rep:
The problem is that she wont reconsider, she spoke to the power above regarding it, any ideas on legalities with the issue?
thank you for your reply though
Many Thanks,
Samuel
username1357713
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stucktosomemice)
The problem is that she wont reconsider, she spoke to the power above regarding it, any ideas on legalities with the issue?
thank you for your reply though
Many Thanks,
Samuel
Legally, they could kick you out of your college, the law won't help you here.
Stucktosomemice
Rep:
(Original post by CheetahCurtis)
Legally, they could kick you out of your college, the law won't help you here.
That's what I'm worried about, its scary because its my first problem I've had within the sixth form and they have gone full blown worse scenario possible for me
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I have been taking computing since the start of AS, I have had no problems what so ever in the lessons or with homework until recently.
I was late in submitting a piece of coursework in for a teacher set deadline, after handing it in a few weeks later, I was asked to make some improvements. I made these improvements however was a couple of days late in my resubmission. The teacher has turned around to me and said that she did not want the work and that I am off the course. I still want to take computing however I don't know where I stand on this situation.
Help!
Many Thanks,
Samuel
How about a letter complaint from your parents or why not asking your teacher why she wants you off the course specifically? maybe the case was more than just submitting homework late.
ryansopp
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Help!
Many Thanks,
Samuel
Hello
Stucktosomemice
Rep:
(Original post by German123)
How about a letter complaint from your parents or why not asking your teacher why she wants you off the course specifically? maybe the case was more than just submitting homework late.
Sadly it is nothing more than that. I'd rather sort it out personally before getting my parents involved
anonymouspie227
Badges: 20
Report 7 years ago
That's a bit over the top especially as coursework I'm assuming is submitted in may time?

Tell your parents ASAP. Your teacher is being unreasonable in my opinion. That being said why on earth did you submit the coursework in late?

Despite all the setbacks I had during A level.
I made sure cw was in on time or that I asked for an extension.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sadly it is nothing more than that. I'd rather sort it out personally before getting my parents involved
Sorry to hear all that and yh maybe its better to sort it out yourself before taking this situation further to your parents. I guess the best thing to do is have a serious chat with your teacher about this.
Stucktosomemice
Rep:
(Original post by anonymouspie227)
That's a bit over the top especially as coursework I'm assuming is submitted in may time?

Tell your parents ASAP. Your teacher is being unreasonable in my opinion. That being said why on earth did you submit the coursework in late?

Despite all the setbacks I had during A level.
I made sure cw was in on time or that I asked for an extension.
With computing its a case of submitting sections and creating a app/software etc. to fix a problem for a client. The coursework was late on the basis that I had to change my project with less than a week left originally. This caused it to be about a few weeks late. Sadly my teacher didn't fully understand the problem and application so I had to rewrite it and resubmit the work which caused it to be much later
alice_16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
surely it depends on the examination board and not the teacher though? x
Stucktosomemice
Rep:
That's what I thought, I thought that unless i willingly dropped the subject the only other way is to be removed from the exam board
alice_16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
maybe you could email the exam board and ask? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads