Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni and the building i live in is the oldest building on the univesity campus. Also, it is apparently the most haunted city in England.
    Two people living on my floor have now said that they have woke up in the middle of the night and seen a man standing in there room, and then a poster has fallen down from their wall, but when they turned on the light he was gone.
    I just wanted to know if anybody has actually seen a ghost or if you believe in ghosts?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And yes.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in ghosts. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I don't

ReputationRep:
    No, and no.

I saw a shocking column in the paper the other day that actually stated: "There is indesputable evidence for the existence on ghosts." This was in the Times too!

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no.

I believe in 'em, but I've never personally seen one. Heard plenty, though. My mum's house has a poultergeist that moves between upstairs rooms when everyone's downstairs.

And our family home in Scotland has a similar problem, although this one actually opened my door! Not kidding - scared the **** out of me! I was the only one in the house, and I just hear something creep up to my door - which was closed - then it opens! Yikes!

But I've never actually seen one

ReputationRep:
    Sure I believe.

There's this old tower near where I live, a couple live in it. Was haunted by a Poltergeist just before my family moved into the neighbourhood apparantly.
    My sister and nephew were once talking to the guy and my nephew pointed towards the door of the house and asked who the lady in black was (he was only about 3). There was nobody there though.
    This neighbour (Dave) just said it was his friend because he didn't want to scare my nephew.
    Apparantly loads of people have seen the lady around the tower and there was once a paranormal investigation team there one night doing a sweep of the place.
    The team slept on the stairs and in all the different rooms. One of them got woken up by this lady who he didn't recognise, he talked to her for for a while before she went off into one of the other rooms.
    In the morning he tried to find her but nobody knew who she was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kam)
    Sure I believe.

There's this old tower near where I live, a couple live in it. Was haunted by a Poltergeist just before my family moved into the neighbourhood apparantly.
    My sister and nephew were once talking to the guy and my nephew pointed towards the door of the house and asked who the lady in black was (he was only about 3). There was nobody there though.
    This neighbour (Dave) just said it was his friend because he didn't want to scare my nephew.
    Apparantly loads of people have seen the lady around the tower and there was once a paranormal investigation team there one night doing a sweep of the place.
    The team slept on the stairs and in all the different rooms. One of them got woken up by this lady who he didn't recognise, he talked to her for for a while before she went off into one of the other rooms.
    In the morning he tried to find her but nobody knew who she was.
    there are lots of stories like those.but they are all funny stories,by the help of these storiese people force each other to believe in ghosts.There are no ghosts

ReputationRep:
    I have always been interested in the paranormal but people like Derek Acorah really do take the mick.

And yes I have had an encounter with a ghost/spirit. It happened whilst on holiday, I was awaken at about 2am by a see-through woman sitting on my bedside (and no it wasn't my gf, sister, mum or my aunty). I was terrified, eventually she disappeared through the darkness. Go and have a laugh if you want but this is what I experienced. I don't think I'll ever forget about it.

ReputationRep:
    yes

in answer to a thread that has appeared about a million times before lol

ReputationRep:
    No I do not.

In a day and age of science and technology, such levels of superstition in society bewilders me.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhh, them ghosts live in my room, welll they might if i believed in them.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.