Where can you buy French books in England?

Watch this thread
lifeistoff
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am an A2 French student looking to enhance my reading skills in French. I have just finished reading 'un sac de billes' by Joseph Joffo and I am looking to read another book of a similar level. Any book suggestions are also welcome!

Merci beaucoup!
talkingsense
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Here they are French books in English for English speakers
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lifeistoff)
I am an A2 French student looking to enhance my reading skills in French. I have just finished reading 'un sac de billes' by Joseph Joffo and I am looking to read another book of a similar level. Any book suggestions are also welcome!

Merci beaucoup!
If you enjoyed Un Sac de Billes try any other Joffo novel - particularly Anna et son orchestre and La jeune fille au pair.

Other books which aren't too difficult are:

Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt: Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran
Alain Fournier: Le Grand Meaulnes
Georges Simenon: any of the Maigret series (take your pick, there are about 80! - these are detective stories)

You should be able to order these online from booksellers like Amazon or at large bookshops like Waterstones. If you can't find them on Amazon.co.uk you can go to Amazon.fr and order them there; you'll have to pay more for postage, however.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
20.83%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
16.67%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8.33%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
29.17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
20.83%

Watched Threads