The Student Room Group

Unsure whether to Drop out, Change course or continue

Hello, I'm a 2nd Year student studying Sports Management at MMU. I need advice whether I should continue studying or change the course. I feel I rushed through university just because I enjoyed Sports. As I studied through the second year, I started to realise what I really wanted to do, which is languages and teaching. Therefore I researched and found TESOL with Japanese very interesting to me.

However, I'm unsure whether to continue my current course and thought about maybe post graduate course...Would it be a waste of money and time If i just quit now and restart 1st year? I'm just really confused right now but part of me says that I should drop out and go on a teaching course or somewhat...not sure.

I hope someone out there can help my concerns! Thanks.
Reply 1
Can you afford to pay the fees for the new course as Student Finance wont fund it.
Reply 2
Original post by Dana.
Can you afford to pay the fees for the new course as Student Finance wont fund it.

They say that I will still get maintenance loan, does this mean I need to pay for tuition fees?
Reply 3
Yes, you would have to pay your own tuition fees for the first year.

If you drop out during your second year and start a new three year degree from scratch, you'll only get the full Student Finance entitlement for your second and third years. You'd have to fund most of the first year yourself - including tuition fees - with only a minimum Maintenance Loan from SF.
Reply 4
i think you should carry on with the course your doind and do the language course on the side this way you wont lose out on a degree and you get to learn the language you wanted to :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending