The Student Room Group

ACA Vs CIMA Career prospects

Does anyone know if CIMA career prospects are as good as ACA?

My dream goal is to become CFO/CEO of FTSE 350 company.
I did some of the ACA before I was fired (not for failing the exams, for 'poor performance' at work), and at least at my firm, there was no difference whatsoever in the career opportunities open to you after you qualified. What could affect your opportunities are the experiences you got while at work.

The exams for the ACA though, contrary to popular belief, are a piece of cake (or at least, the first 12 are - never did the last 3 due to afromentioned firing). Not sure about CIMA, never took it.

Don't think it really makes much difference tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by voiceofreason234
I did some of the ACA before I was fired (not for failing the exams, for 'poor performance' at work), and at least at my firm, there was no difference whatsoever in the career opportunities open to you after you qualified. What could affect your opportunities are the experiences you got while at work.

The exams for the ACA though, contrary to popular belief, are a piece of cake (or at least, the first 12 are - never did the last 3 due to afromentioned firing). Not sure about CIMA, never took it.

Don't think it really makes much difference tbh.

Thanks for your reply, do you think I would be better off doing CIMA at a large firm rather than ACA at a small firm (fewer than 50 employees)?
Original post by Tbx
Thanks for your reply, do you think I would be better off doing CIMA at a large firm rather than ACA at a small firm (fewer than 50 employees)?

I'd certainly go for the large firm. I take it they offer better pay too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending