Turn on thread page Beta

Overdose watch

Announcements

I have overdosed on red bull. What do i do????

ReputationRep:
    enjoy the hyperactivity and make sure you dont dehydrate?

ReputationRep:
    If you mean that you have had 10 cans or less you will be fine. But you may experience the shakes tomorrow that's all.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That's not possible is it?

ReputationRep:
    If it's red bull you're fine. What you have to watch out for is those fake imitation energy drinks.

PUMPED? :eek:

NO! my parents will go mad.

It is fake redbull Fluent in Lies. Will i die? Im all shaky and my head is spinny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    If it's red bull you're fine. What you have to watch out for is those fake imitation energy drinks.
    What is wrong with those???

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why people like Red Bull, I think it tastes discusting.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Indeed it tastes horrid

I think you taste DISCUSTING. :hmmm:

It's a soft drink lol - you don't beleive all that hype do you - just sit down and stop hyperventilating with anxiety & you'll be fine!

Thanks for your advice, you should study biology. xx

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not even sure if it's possible, although ingesting large amounts of caffeine and sugar will, somewhat unsurprisingly, make you feel quite strange, but I don't know if you can really "overdose". I think the best advice is to drink plenty of water and try not to do anything too exertional in the next few hours. Obviously if you start having any severe effects you need to seek professional help, but I suspect this is unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    And how do you overdose? By mistake? Or didn't realise you were drinking so many?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think if you mixed red bull with vodka you might have a few problems then, otherwise the only way i think you can overdose on red bull is if you drink about 15 of them in a short space of time.

ReputationRep:
    you can overdose on caffeine but the ammount that you would have to consume is huge! I mean somewhere in the region of 250-300 cups of coffee! basically its impossible unless you really want to die in a stpid way. Although someone did take their own life by kncking back 300+ pro pluss tablets a few years back.

ReputationRep:
    According to google you can OD on caffeine but as has been pointed out you'd have to try really really hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    According to google you can OD on caffeine but as has been pointed out you'd have to try really really hard.
    Though I should imagine that it only gets 'easier' with every tablet you ingest.

ReputationRep:
    They sell these drinks at the gym which have the equivalent of 5 cans of Red Bull's worth of caffeine in them. They're only sold to over 18s, you're supposed to only have one can every 8 hours, consume no other caffeine with them, and not drink them after 5PM if you have sleeping difficulties.

My best friend drank 2 of them in 20 minutes along with a few cups of coffee and whatnot, and it was like he was on coke.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.