Holly78
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does Oxford Brookes accommodation have wifi?
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!
Veritybc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No currently none of the halls have wifi. There is wifi in the main buildings on all campuses. You will be provided with an ethernet cable on your arrival at whichever halls you move into
Connor_C97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Actually, I think they have wifi in all halls...

Check this link for more info: https://obis.brookes.ac.uk/ITProject...omsUpdate.html
TheTechFish
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know this is an old thread now, but incase anyone comes across it:

All the Brookes owned halls now have WiFi in them, and during fresher's I believe they set up on that you can log into with your UCAS number or something, then once you have your Brookes account you just use eduroam.

I don't know what the situation is in the non Brookes halls (the mews, Slade park, Dorset house etc).
Connor_C97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheTechFish)
I know this is an old thread now, but incase anyone comes across it:

All the Brookes owned halls now have WiFi in them, and during fresher's I believe they set up on that you can log into with your UCAS number or something, then once you have your Brookes account you just use eduroam.

I don't know what the situation is in the non Brookes halls (the mews, Slade park, Dorset house etc).
I know that in Brookes Halls, like you say, its 1GBps wifi and ethernet. I also know that Slade Park (I can't say about anywhere else) has no wifi, only broadband/ethernet at 4mbps (you read that right) and you have to pay £160 extra for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (741)
41.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.5%

Watched Threads