The Student Room Group

AS Maths core 1 coordinate gerometry edexcel

I'm stuck on a few questions and i would be really really grateful if someone can help me by giving me a detailed method for the questions as well as their answers!

1.A line l1 has equation 5y+4x=3
ii)Find the equation of the line l2 which is parallel to l1 and passes through the point
(1, -2).
( the gradient is -4/5 )

4. The coordinates of four points are P (-2, -1), Q (6, 3), R (9, 2) and S (1, -2).

(iv) Show that the equation of SR is 2y = x 5 and find the equation of the line L through
Q perpendicular to SR.

(v) Calculate the coordinates of the point T where the line L meets SR. [3]

5. The straight line l1 has equation 4y+x=0
The straight line l2 has equation y=2x-3
a) sketch the graph of l1 and l2. Show the coordinates of all points at which the graph meets the coordinate axes.
b) the lines intersect at the point A. Calculate, as exact fractions, the coordinates of A.
c) find the equation of the line through A, which is perpendicular to l1. Give your answer in the form ax+by+c=, where a,b and c are intergers.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Jasminecj
I'm stuck on a few questions and i would be really really grateful if someone can help me by giving me a detailed method for the questions as well as their answers!

ii)Find the equation of the line l2 which is parallel to l1 and passes through the point
(1, -2).
( the gradient is -4/5 )

4. The coordinates of four points are P (-2, -1), Q (6, 3), R (9, 2) and S (1, -2).

(iv) Show that the equation of SR is 2y = x 5 and find the equation of the line L through
Q perpendicular to SR.

a) sketch the graph of l1 and l2. Show the coordinates of all points at which the graph meets the coordinate axes.
b) the lines intersect at the point A. Calculate, as exact fractions, the coordinates of A.
c) find the equation of the line through A, which is perpendicular to l1. Give your answer in the form ax+by+c=, where a,b and c are intergers.

Thank you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=403989
Original post by Jasminecj

(1, -2).
( the gradient is -4/5 )

Q perpendicular to SR.

Thank you!

Page 7 in the attachment should give you the help you need. This forum is not here to answer questions for you.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest