Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Recently the Government has had a tought time of things with the backbench revolt over top up fees and opostion to the Iraq war typified by the bulid up to the Hutton report. What are your views of how sucessful Tony Blair and labour have been. I appreciate that immigration is going to be a major issue however personally i would like to refrain from debating it, Tony obviously realises there is a problem and has done little to deal with it, and if you want to debate it there are a other threads on it and its also been discussed heavily in the BNP threads.

Do you think the following things have improved:
    Education
    Economcy
    Health Care
    Britain's standing in the world
    Law and order
    and lastly how do you precieve the Prime Minister, given that Tony has been acussed of making the country more Republic like?

ReputationRep:
    he started off with a clean slate and has gradually managed to get a bad image. he ignored the majority protestors over iraq and has become too close to america. his close relationship with america is blurring his view on things. i personally feel he has neglected his own country to address foreign affairs. instead of all this involvement in sorting out other countries i think he should take a look at england and sort out OUR problems first. Overall i want him OUT of government and a new party in because i am fed up with labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruffian)
    he started off with a clean slate and has gradually managed to get a bad image. he ignored the majority protestors over iraq and has become too close to america. his close relationship with america is blurring his view on things. i personally feel he has neglected his own country to address foreign affairs. instead of all this involvement in sorting out other countries i think he should take a look at england and sort out OUR problems first. Overall i want him OUT of government and a new party in because i am fed up with labour
    What issues do you precieve as problems in Britain at the moment?
    Obviously the war on terror and immigrations are major ones however in terms of the economy it is in very good shape at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruffian)

I don't remember polls saying that the majority were against the war

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    I don't remember polls saying that the majority were against the war
    I think he means the march which was obviously a very powerful gesture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Recently the Government has had a tought time of things with the backbench revolt over top up fees and opostion to the Iraq war typified by the bulid up to the Hutton report. What are your views of how sucessful Tony Blair and labour have been. I appreciate that immigration is going to be a major issue however personally i would like to refrain from debating it, Tony obviously realises there is a problem and has done little to deal with it, and if you want to debate it there are a other threads on it and its also been discussed heavily in the BNP threads.

Do you think the following things have improved:
    Education
    Economcy
    Health Care
    Britain's standing in the world
    Law and order
    and lastly how do you precieve the Prime Minister, given that Tony has been acussed of making the country more Republic like?
    Labour just needs a new leader.

ReputationRep:
    Blair's time is up. His own party hates him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Labour just needs a new leader.
    who would you suggest as a likely candidate?

ReputationRep:
    Labour would love Mr Brown of course.

ReputationRep:
    I'm heavily biased but ....... Gordon Brown. - I genuinely think he would make an EXCELLENT leader

ReputationRep:
    I think he means the march which was obviously a very powerful gesture
    True - but you dont get more of a say because you take the time to protest... and regardless thats not how government works ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I'm heavily biased but ....... Gordon Brown. - I genuinely think he would make an EXCELLENT leader
    In what respect?

ReputationRep:
    yea i did mean the protestors in london, there were a million, and thats just the ones who could be bothered to do something. anyways when i saw problems i dont mean economially i mean crime. one thing he promised was reduction in crime, i know i cannot blame labour for the rise in crime but they have failed to respond with force. where i live (nottingham) we have had 9 fatal shootings in the past 15 months, and 49 people injured through gunshots the latest fatal killing being yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    In what respect?
    What respect of what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    How? This is a media age my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    What respect of what?
    I mean what makes him a good leader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I mean what makes him a good leader?
    He is a nice genuine guy for a start! He does'nt worship Bush and he is against the Euro, good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    He is a nice genuine guy for a start! He does'nt worship Bush and he is against the Euro, good enough for me.
    We want to be elected, you do realise that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    We want to be elected, you do realise that?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Do you mean he is anti-Euro in principle or anti-Euro until the five economic tests are satisfied?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.