Marie_King
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am doing CIE A2 French and I have to say this subject is just killing me. I am currently reading Bel Ami and absolutely have NO idea on how to write a French Lit essay (p4) and my mock exams are in the second week of Jan.
Annaboni00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marie_King)
I am doing CIE A2 French and I have to say this subject is just killing me. I am currently reading Bel Ami and absolutely have NO idea on how to write a French Lit essay (p4) and my mock exams are in the second week of Jan.
Calm down!! French A level is not that difficult. I wrote it in May/June 2014 under CIE and got an A I read these 3 books :

L'Aavare - Moliere
Bel ami - Guy de Maupassant
Thérèse Desqueyroux - François Mauriac

What is your main problem? Have you finished Bel Ami?
Skill Twix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marie_King)
Ah finally someone does CIE on here!
Marie_King
Rep:
?
The thing is that for AS I got a C and my target grade for A2 is A. Since Lit is now included and I have never been taught how to write a French essay, p4 looks quite difficult.
Marie_King
Rep:
?
I haven't yet finished the book, I'm halfway through part 2.
Annaboni00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay you can still pull an A which means that you have to double your work. Finish the book and get back to me.
You're done with part 1 right ? Start by resuming the first part your own words in a form of an essay. You should be able to master and be comfortable with the themes in the book. How the entire book relates to the society in the 20th century it is said that literally work do reflect the society to some extent you should be able to make these links.
Do a lot of research about Duroy and the people around him how they helped him achieve "son ascension sociale".
You should be able to elaborate on its methods when it come to get what it wants. The women around him.
What are the other books you read ?
Marie_King
Rep:
?
Thanks. I've only done Bel Ami and as for the others, I haven't been told which ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19