Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically ive got 1 uni left to put. Now norwich ask for abb to do pharm and they arent accredited till next year whereas sunderland ask for bbc and are accredited. Im predicted BBC. I phone norwich up and the tutor there said we dont really look into predictions, apply. I havent managed to found the sunderland tutor yet.

Now most of you will be like put down sunderland but i was thinking say if I didnt get any offers, maybe its best to put sunderland down in ucas extra as like an ultimate back up. what you lot think?

ReputationRep:
    Go for UEA, Norwich is a much better place to live and the Uni has a better overall reputation.

ReputationRep:
    Norwich is a nice city, better than sunderland anyway. Im sure if worst comes to worst you could get Sunderland through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    Go for UEA, Norwich is a much better place to live and the Uni has a better overall reputation.
    o thank god youre on, youre from there yeah, whats norwich like? and is the uni good, whats the sports facilities there like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoe)
    Norwich is a nice city, better than sunderland anyway. Im sure if worst comes to worst you could get Sunderland through clearing.
    i was thinking about extra:confused:

ReputationRep:
    yeh UEA versus Sunderland i'd got for UEA, yeh their now acc. now but they will be by the time you graduate and thats all that matters.

that said sunderland are higher in the pharmacy league tables but im sure thatll be down the the fatc uea arent accredited yet (anyway i dont believe in league tables lol)

Norwich i think will be a better student place than sunderland overall anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malfoy)
    o thank god youre on, youre from there yeah, whats norwich like? and is the uni good, whats the sports facilities there like
    Sports facilities are good, Norwich is a lovely town, Uni is good, you should have a great time there. Why not go to the UEA forum to find out more?

ReputationRep:
    what do you lot think of my ucas extra plan, as in say i dont get any offers atleast i have sunderland at bbc to aim for possibly?

ReputationRep:
    what do you lot think of my ucas extra plan, as in say i dont get any offers atleast i have sunderland at bbc to aim for possibly?
    i'd say its soo unlikely ure not going to get any offers but it is a good plan anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    i'd say its soo unlikely ure not going to get any offers but it is a good plan anyway lol.
    yer i mean i take it i can apply with extra for pharmacy again right

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, its a good one, aim high, aim for 2-3 Unis that are above your predicted grades and then 2-3 which you think you should comfortably gain an offer from.

ReputationRep:
    yer i mean i take it i can apply with extra for pharmacy again right
    if they enter extra yeh, and i assume that they most likely will.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely go with Norwich. It's a better uni, and a much nicer place to live for three years.

ReputationRep:
    you know when youre putting down courses, is that in order of preference?

ReputationRep:
    you know when youre putting down courses, is that in order of preference?
    nope put it anyway u wanna, i put it in alphabetical, but then it came in some dodgy order on my welome letter (i was not impressed lol)

ReputationRep:
    Ive just put it in order of preference although it doesnt matter. how clever am i....NOT

ReputationRep:
    norwich.

ReputationRep:
    im going with norwich, sunderland for extra if no offers arrive

ReputationRep:
    im going with norwich, sunderland for extra if no offers arrive
    yay! good malfoy!LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yay! good malfoy!LOL
    haha

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.