The Student Room Group

People having babies for the sake of having babies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisychain_
Maybe its because he doesn't have a wife, society expects people to be in relationships (especially as they get older)

From experience, this is true.:frown: And society expects people to have children too, which not everyone wants, or indeed can have.
Reply 21
Original post by OU Student
From experience, this is true.:frown: And society expects people to have children too, which not everyone wants, or indeed can have.

Exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Babies are having babies that grow up and rob old ladies :flute:
Raise the child properly with reason and they'll treat you the same back, of course mistakes and feelings are spontaneous - it's part of the journey; they're not suppose to be obedient do as your told types nor unreasonable pampered nuisances. Maybe it's fun? That said, I'm not too fond of the idea either, it just seems way too hard.
Original post by miser
People tend to have children for themselves - I think it's rather selfish really.

I go through of phases wondering why someone would want to create a conscious life form when life is so full of suffering? :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I go through of phases wondering why someone would want to create a conscious life form when life is so full of suffering? :frown:

Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vixen47

A baby is for life, not just for christmas :cool:
Um, chill. By the sounds of things it doesn't seem like you're in imminent danger of having a baby thrust upon you any time soon :') So no need to be worrying about this now.
I find a lot of people, (girls more so) often resort to having kids as the meaning of life which evolutionary aspect aside seems quite sad in my opinion. When your only value in yourself it to spout more humans like nothing more than a baby making robot then well.. Need I say more?

But I agree to some extent, people seem to create babies because simply 'that's the given thing to do' and because they simply have a biological urge to do so, though in fairness to them acting upon that urge is their prerogative.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Maker
How can he be a dad if he has no kids?

How can she slap?
Reply 30
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

It's alright, here's a hug. *hug*
Original post by miser
It's alright, here's a hug. *hug*

:hugs:
Once you have children, you love them at any age, because they're your children. I thought I'd miss my son being a newborn, but I keep finding a new 'favourite age' because he keeps learning new things everyday :-)
Certain people should not be allowed to have children.
Yeah it's ridiculous how people have kids for the sake of having kids and their kids will suffer and not prosper it's silly because it's not beneficial
I have 7 and 16 grandchildren. Don't regret a minute of it. X
Original post by Seamus123
I have 7 and 16 grandchildren. Don't regret a minute of it. X

You must have hated condoms
Not as much as I hate tossers like you who look down on people who don't fit your ideal view of who should have children and who shouldn't, your views on TSR are well known for your attitudes to the poor, the homeless and other vulnerable groups.
Like you say, some people shouldn't be allowed to have children and you are one of them because a society that breeds little Blue_Masons with attitudes like yours, we can do without.
Fortunately, your feeble attempt at humour has not bothered me in the slightest as I've heard it all before, but I thought I would humour you with a response.
My children were all planned, wanted and loved. So shut the hell up!
But more and more people ARE refusing to have kids yet we're still more over-populated than ever

Remember did every person not having a child there is someone having several
If you don't want a baby, don't have one.

Quick Reply

Latest