The Student Room Group

How to get a first in contract law

Im in my first year doing law, I understand for essay questions on contract law it is essential to read journal articles and to put an opinion forward.
But when it comes to problem questions how can I go from a 2:1 to a 1st? If its not appropriate to have different viewpoints in a problem question what should i do to get a 1st?
A managed to get a first in contract, although how is another question!

I would say my main tips would be:
Discuss factors which may mitigate the effectiveness of your advice, contrast the situation in other legal systems, if the law is not clear in a particular area then pick up on this and discuss the scenario both ways etc. Try to have authority for every point of law that you make.
Reply 2
Original post by henrysaunders1
A managed to get a first in contract, although how is another question!

I would say my main tips would be:
Discuss factors which may mitigate the effectiveness of your advice, contrast the situation in other legal systems, if the law is not clear in a particular area then pick up on this and discuss the scenario both ways etc. Try to have authority for every point of law that you make.

We go to the same uni :tongue: so your advice is even more relevant thank you!
Original post by nawal
We go to the same uni :tongue: so your advice is even more relevant thank you!

What's the chance of that!

If you have any other 1st year questions send me a message! (Unless it's about criminal law which I passionately despise)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending