The Student Room Group

Should I ask her?

There's a very close friend of mine who I've been having a friends with benefits thing going on, until I was getting too serious and she said she didn't want to hurt me or something. She's just gotten out of a relationship (partly due to me, but a very small part) and I can respect that she doesn't want anything serious.
But after ending it with me, she started to see this other guy (just fooling around again). She's had a pretty rough childhood and has some issues. She knows that as well, don't judge plz.
Anyway, before we ended things, we planned to spend christmas break together and bought plane tickets and everything. Plus she still kinda seems to be looking forward to going, although she could just be looking forward to spending time with her friend.
My question is, I still like (love) her, and she seems to be getting somewhat serious with this guy, and still at least attracted to me. Should I ask her if she is getting serious? and tell her that I'm ok taking things as slow as she wants? Or will that jeopardize even our friendship? (Not looking for advice on things like, she's a slut, you're gonna get hurt etc...)

PS. When we were friends with benefits, it wasn't just on a physical level. Everyone used to tease us about being flirty and date-y.
Reply 1
little bump
Tell her how you really feel. If you don't, you'll always regret it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
There's a very close friend of mine who I've been having a friends with benefits thing going on, until I was getting too serious and she said she didn't want to hurt me or something. She's just gotten out of a relationship (partly due to me, but a very small part) and I can respect that she doesn't want anything serious.
But after ending it with me, she started to see this other guy (just fooling around again). She's had a pretty rough childhood and has some issues. She knows that as well, don't judge plz.
Anyway, before we ended things, we planned to spend christmas break together and bought plane tickets and everything. Plus she still kinda seems to be looking forward to going, although she could just be looking forward to spending time with her friend.
My question is, I still like (love) her, and she seems to be getting somewhat serious with this guy, and still at least attracted to me. Should I ask her if she is getting serious? and tell her that I'm ok taking things as slow as she wants? Or will that jeopardize even our friendship? (Not looking for advice on things like, she's a slut, you're gonna get hurt etc...)

PS. When we were friends with benefits, it wasn't just on a physical level. Everyone used to tease us about being flirty and date-y.

Ending what with you? :s-smilie:

You should try and find out from her friends, about how serious she is with the other guy. Don't pop it up pretty quick. Give it some more time and show her you're interested. I'd need a little more detail, but you'll have to give her some time. Then, tell her how you feel and see how she responds.
As said above, you may as well tell her otherwise you will always have the "what if" in your head and you will regret it. If she doesn't want to take things further with you at least you tried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending