Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Good looking psychopath girls love it
Gjaykay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think we have a natural curiosity towards Human Nature. Serial Killers represent the worst of humanity and we're drawn to find out why they are the way they are.
It could even go further into the idea of 'well what's the difference between me and him?' like what causes 'evil' or how can someone go from being like you and me then become literal monsters.

Or yano, teenagers thinking it's dark and cool. Either, really.
Autumnsong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulpha)
Logic is zero on this one.

All three deserve condemnation if they are "supporting" serial-killers.
oops. I meant the first and third groups can often come across as if they are "supporting", especially by the more close-minded. I've never encountered anyone actually condoning Ted Bundy
kl9321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Gjaykay)
I think we have a natural curiosity towards Human Nature. Serial Killers represent the worst of humanity and we're drawn to find out why they are the way they are.
It could even go further into the idea of 'well what's the difference between me and him?' like what causes 'evil' or how can someone go from being like you and me then become literal monsters.

Or yano, teenagers thinking it's dark and cool. Either, really.
I do find looking at serial killers minds interesting and I find Hitler fascinating. But am not a supporter of them.
Gjaykay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kl9321)
I do find looking at serial killers minds interesting and I find Hitler fascinating. But am not a supporter of them.
Yeah I just realized you meant support them. I honestly wasn't aware people were pro-serial killers lmao

It could just be attention seeking, mental illness or the fact that people are just totally jaded. Young people growing up are hearing from all sides how the whole world's ****ed and everything is terrible. I dunno I can kinda see why depressed and people that are just completely hopeless view serial killers as like people who 'broke out' of societies conformity and left their own mark in the world, making it a better place (in their own sick way) for them.

That's just me theorizing, though.
Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Typical young white Americans
Unruly Marmite
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Serial Killers can often be psychopaths and, if I remember rightly, psychopaths can often be quite charismatic and charming.
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He was hot. They think someone that good looking and charming couldn't possibly be a monster.
therapiststeve
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kl9321)
That just really pisses me off.

AW be nice
Attached files
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Without Ted Bundy we wouldn't have Buffalo Bill
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's no accounting for idiots?

There's plenty of people who support that dirty paedophile mohammed...
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's due to the morbid fascination with them. I don't like how people label people like him "monsters" though. They're not monsters, they're all too human simply at one end of the spectrum.
Gjaykay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Silly GJayKay this is TSR, no one wants to talk about the psychological aspects of people adoring serial killers or the idea of what drives someone to that level of wickedness.

All we wanna do is talk about is how butthurt some prick is and how some other prick is talking like a 'gangsta'.

*sighs* nothing ever changes.
exitium1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Silly GJayKay this is TSR, no one wants to talk about the psychological aspects of people adoring serial killers or the idea of what drives someone to that level of wickedness.

All we wanna do is talk about is how butthurt some prick is and how some other prick is talking like a 'gangsta'.

I am interested in the psychological implications. Ted Bundy was an ultra intelligent individual and charming. He did not need to kill women to have sexual intercourse with them. In fact he specifically dated one woman just so he could reject her later. He was a Casanova who could have easily given anyone in the relationship section advice. So why he did what he did is highly interesting.
kl9321
Rep:
?

Here's one:

People say that serial killers must of had something dramatic happen in their lives for them to turn out like that but I don't believe that to always be the case.

I would say some people just love causing harm to others and they get a kick out of doing it.
kl9321
Rep:
?
(Original post by exitium1)
I am interested in the psychological implications. Ted Bundy was an ultra intelligent individual and charming. He did not need to kill women to have sexual intercourse with them. In fact he specifically dated one woman just so he could reject her later. He was a Casanova who could have easily given anyone in the relationship section advice. So why he did what he did is highly interesting.
He found normal sex boring and loved forced sex and necrophilia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (118)
17.72%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.51%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (117)
17.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (99)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (64)
9.61%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
29.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise