Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What exacly does weed do for you? I get pissed a lot, and its pretty awesome, but looking at how people on weed act, it looks quite crap. I mean whats good about it? You began to speak lazily and get all relaxed and dont do anything, and then people get hungry and laugh for a bit, and then go back to doing nothing. Do people do it for the relaxation, or when people are sitting there looking baked, their actually having a heightened sensory expierence where stuff is more colourful and things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    What exacly does weed do for you? I get pissed a lot, and its pretty awesome, but looking at how people on weed act, it looks quite crap. I mean whats good about it? You began to speak lazily and get all relaxed and dont do anything, and then people get hungry and laugh for a bit, and then go back to doing nothing. Do people do it for the relaxation, or when people are sitting there looking baked, their actually having a heightened sensory expierence where stuff is more colourful and things?
    I cant speak for everyone. I can only say what the occassional 100% spliff does for me. The effects can be described as:

1. Absolute hillarity. The 10 o'clock new would have me in stitches.

2. Dopey. Literally. Nothing in life matters when you are so dopey and numb.

3. Sleepy.

4. Munchies. They come out of nowhere and before you know it, theres soup dribbling down your chin and several family bags of walkers devoid of their contents.

5. Better orgasims when stoned. Because of the increase in dopamine in the brain. Yummy.

6. No hangover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    I cant speak for everyone. I can only say what the occassional 100% spliff does for me. The effects can be described as:

1. Absolute hillarity. The 10 o'clock new would have me in stitches.

2. Dopey. Literally. Nothing in life matters when you are so dopey and numb.

3. Sleepy.

4. Munchies. They come out of nowhere and before you know it, theres soup dribbling down your chin and several family bags of walkers devoid of their contents.

5. Better orgasims when stoned. Because of the increase in dopamine in the brain. Yummy.

6. No hangover.
    7. Schizophrenia.

ReputationRep:
    all those seem to translate into beer. Things are way funnier when drunk, you get dopey, but its from a different perspective because your mind is so clouded. I get sleepy when i get in after a night on the piss. Munchies - i always get cravings for kebabs by about 2am and better orgasms? Ugly birds look nicer when your drunk, so perhaps they're proportionaltey better in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Square)
    7. Schizophrenia.
    If you smoke it whilst your brain is still developing yes.

Why did you fail to mention that part? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    ugly birds look nicer when your drunk, so perhaps they're proportionaltey better in that respect.
    There is no biological evidence to suggest that beer goggles = better orgasms :p:

There *IS* biological evidence to suggest that cannabis = better orgasms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    If you smoke it whilst your brain is still developing yes.

Why did you fail to mention that part? :rolleyes:
    i don't mean to spoil your fun tuffs, but cannabis can **** you up, maybe not schitzophrenia but still a lot, even if you smoke it at any time in your life.

ReputationRep:
    Well, having been around people who have smoked a fairly large amount of cannabis, I am fairly shocked the pretty large effect it seems to be having on all of them over a period of about 2 years.

They all seem to behave as if their brains have turned to jelly, is this just a coincidence?

Last time I argued for the law regarding cannabis to remain as it is it resulted in 4 red gems, I think I'll just leave this thread be now.

ReputationRep:
    Well, having been around people who have smoked a fairly large amount of cannabis, I am fairly shocked the pretty large effect it seems to be having on all of them over a period of about 2 years.

They all seem to behave as if their brains have turned to jelly, is this just a coincidence?
    how old were they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    i don't mean to spoil your fun tuffs, but cannabis can **** you up, maybe not schitzophrenia but still a lot, even if you smoke it at any time in your life.
    You're not spoiling my fun matey. It's not something I do regularly and deffo not something I do during term time (it affects short term memory, I do know that).

I smoke it maybe once or twice per year. But I know people who smoke it daily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    how old were they?
    Well people I knew starting smoking at about 13, then heavily and reguarly by about 15 (ie. first thing in the morning (wakin' bake I believe) and reguarly throughout the day).

Sorry my punctuation wasn't exactly spot on there :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzy87)
    But so can alcohol.
    alcohol's physically addictive and withdrawal can be fatal, that's not quite the same.

I'm not saying don't smoke cannabis. i gave my position a few posts ago; people should be allowed to but fully informed truthfully of the dangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    alcohol's physically addictive and withdrawal can be fatal, that's not quite the same.

I'm not saying don't smoke cannabis. i gave my position a few posts ago; people should be allowed to but fully informed truthfully of the dangers.
    This is what I would like to see. But whos going to prove these dangers? And then who will believe them? The government? All opposition would come out with the old: 'Its anti-drugs government bull****' excuse.

Its a no win situation, we as a society have become far too selfish and deciding to instantly discard often perfectly valid information purely because it comes from the government, they don't have their hands in everything, we don't live in Nazi Germany, contrary to what people want to believe.

ReputationRep:
    Well people I knew starting smoking at about 13, then heavily and reguarly by about 15 (ie. first thing in the morning (wakin' bake I believe) and reguarly throughout the day).
    :rolleyes: *sigh* Did you READ what I typed?

YES Cannabis can effect brain development. THAT I have no arguments with. THAT is why it is unwise to smoke it whilst your brain is still developing.

I'm talking about adults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    independent scientists.

www.erowid.org is a fantastic example of the kind of info people need; i know a lot of people who smoke cannabis and do believe the information presented on erowid because it's impartial, it knows people will do it if they want to but aims to inform fully of dangers so they can make informed choices. Talktofrank tries to dissuade because of government interest so people don't trust it.
    I will say this, you may consider Frank to be biased because it is produced by the government, but Erowid contains topics such as: 'How to Roll a Joint' 'Blunts' 'Cannabis Cookies' etc. Independant Scientists?

Now you claim Frank isn't trustworthy because it is produced by the government which has its own biased interest in this. By the same argument Erowid does exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    was yo fault motha****a :p:

ReputationRep:
    was yo fault motha****a
    sadface.

Either way, I think it's going to be hard to get ANY kind of solid information on the effects of cannabis which would not be biased in some way. There is no doubt that it messes your head in some way or another, the exact causes are just theories at the moment. I myself used to smoke it very occasionally, however I have since made a decision never to touch the stuff again.

Thud, I also lol'd at your profile pic.

ReputationRep:
    'how to roll a joint'?

:laugh: How tarded would you need to be to need help with that :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    sadface.

Either way, I think it's going to be hard to get ANY kind of solid information on the effects of cannabis which would not be biased in some way. There is no doubt that it messes your head in some way or another, the exact causes are just theories at the moment. I myself used to smoke it very occasionally, however I have since made a decision never to touch the stuff again.
    given effects of it i've experienced i've also made that same decision.

ReputationRep:
    Problem is that realistically, taking it like sensible people drink doesn't harm you at all, its actually good for you. However, people overdo drink and therefore overdo weed. Both are bad for you, but alcohol is argueably less destructive. However, weed has more support to be legal than tobacco, ie smoking. Smoking makes a hell of a lot of money, and noone is going to ban it.

So I don't think weed will be legalised, even though the benifits outway theproblems (in my opinion).

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.